• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:40:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 331
Total: 331

L183's

Started by BallAquatics, April 27, 2013, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Last night was the club meeting and I was lucky enough to pick up a bag of BAP L183's.  They are only about an inch long but they sure are pretty.....

I think this is going to do me for plecos for awhile.  In the last couple of months I've picked up some very nice L046, L183 & L201.  I was thinking of getting some "Super Reds", but I'm going to wait a bit on them.....

Dennis

PaulineMi

I love the black and white plecos. Those are really nice Dennis.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Pretty BN's there.....very nice
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Thanks Pauline & Jon.  I knew ahead of time they were coming in so it gave me time to set-up a black water tank for them.

Dennis

b125killer

I like them guys alot. Must be something about black with white dots. How do you like the L046? I heard they are shy and don't come out a lot. My male L201 found a cave he likes and has been cleaning it, now if he can attract a female.   
Scott

pashley

i really like the looks of those.

BallAquatics

Quote from: b125killer on April 27, 2013, 10:58:51 PM
I like them guys alot. Must be something about black with white dots.

I think you're on to something there!  These guys look like black velvet with the white..... very cool.

QuoteHow do you like the L046? I heard they are shy and don't come out a lot.

Honestly, I see the L046 more than I see the L201.....  It's taken me a bit to get used to these.  They seem odd being carnivores, and I can't remember the last time I kept fish in a tank this warm.

QuoteMy male L201 found a cave he likes and has been cleaning it, now if he can attract a female.

Sounds promising, good luck with them! 

Everything I've got is 2" or less, so I've got a bit of growing before any hopes of spawning activity.  I need to get some good photos of the L201's, but every time I try, they just hide deeper in the slate.  LOL

Dennis

BallAquatics

Thanks pashley!  I'm hoping they like the accommodations here and do well.   ;D

Dennis

b125killer

your L046 are nice too. Do you know how old they are? I heard it takes 2 to 3 years to mature. and they lay around 10 to 15 eggs. Also there is a ban on importing them. There is a guy on aquabid that is selling  20 f1 for 3200.00 that's not to bad if you break it down per fish. Or there is another guy selling 100 wild caught for 18000.
Scott

Mugwump

Yep, prices are out of sight....but I didn't hear about a ban???.....unless it's from the host country??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

If it's true about the ban the price on these fish may never drop. I would think it the host country. I have heard they are banning a lot of different species. 
Scott

BallAquatics

Quote from: b125killer on April 28, 2013, 07:26:58 PM
your L046 are nice too. Do you know how old they are?

Thanks!  They are 6 months old.  I heard they needed to be around 3+ years old before they would spawn.....  I haven't forgotten about you Barb, it's just that it's going to be a bit before I need pleco caves  LOL.  They are in about 99% rain water with the broken slate tiles from Lowes.  Other than a couple of otocinclus they have a 20 long all to themselves.

Dennis

Jdmcfast

Very nice! I've been on a pleco buying spree lately too. I just got L134, L114, L052, and a bunch of ALFBN, and a few more super reds:))
Now I just need to replace my male LFBN breeder that I lost and I think I will be done for a while......maybe;)
Josh

pashley

love the zebra's to. i want both kinds now. i am a pleco fan. always looking for them. i usually only get to see them on line. no one here stocks them. i am hoping when my business partner and i get our shop open that will change. i miss all the awesome fish and plecos i used to get.

Mugwump

I have BN's too..... ;D.....Scott may even have some BN fry???
Jon