• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 04:23:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 246
Total: 248

Friday coffee..

Started by Mugwump, April 28, 2017, 04:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is very good....but the weather i cold and dank....more rain moving in for the weekend and hang around til next Tuesday...... huh

...errands and putz'n....the Illinois Tollway is giving away various trees, shrubs, etc. at the 'oasis's' for folks to plant honoring 'Arbor day'.....we'll check that out here in a bit too..

but now, more coffee.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great and the weather will be too once the rain gets out of here. Going up to 83 today. Might see a spike in the humidity after all of the rain we've gotten in the past couple of days.

Well I went out and closed on a new house and now the fun huh begins. I am already having challenges just getting the utilities changed over into my name. It seems the municipality controls just about everything and they close a 4:30 pm sharp. I submitted my application for services at 4:31. huh Oh well I guess the builder is still being billed for the services. lol

Needless to say, I will be very busy for the next few days but I will pop in from time to time. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 28, 2017, 05:11:32 AM
Coffee is great and the weather will be too once the rain gets out of here. Going up to 83 today. Might see a spike in the humidity after all of the rain we've gotten in the past couple of days.

Well I went out and closed on a new house and now the fun huh begins. I am already having challenges just getting the utilities changed over into my name. It seems the municipality controls just about everything and they close a 4:30 pm sharp. I submitted my application for services at 4:31. huh Oh well I guess the builder is still being billed for the services. lol

Needless to say, I will be very busy for the next few days but I will pop in from time to time. |^| |^| |^|

...don't burn yourself out...or hurt your back......slow and steady gets it done too....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

Is it in the same area did you test water
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

...the Tollway plant give away was nice...but they only had really big trees..oaks, hickories, etc..and the flower seeds were for plants we already have....so we just went for breakfast instead.... |eat|
Jon

wallace

I had these big plans for the day but all I'm doing is farting around so far.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on April 28, 2017, 12:11:28 PM
I had these big plans for the day but all I'm doing is farting around so far.

.....I know the feeling..... 2c2
Jon

LizStreithorst

Tired as I am I went to work and did my 4 dogs.  I could have done more but I told them that I was full today and scheduled them for next week:-[  I wasn't full, just plum tuckered.  I'd like to be out there working now but so far it seems that one day of work requires 2 days of recovery time ::)    As whupped and hurting as I feel, I'm proud of myself.  I'm sure that there are other 66 year old women that could do what I'm doing and do it more easily, but I don't know them.  The old women I know can't do shit, and a large percentage of old men I know don't tdo shit, either.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 28, 2017, 02:30:17 PM
Tired as I am I went to work and did my 4 dogs.  I could have done more but I told them that I was full today and scheduled them for next week:-[  I wasn't full, just plum tuckered.  I'd like to be out there working now but so far it seems that one day of work requires 2 days of recovery time ::)    As whupped and hurting as I feel, I'm proud of myself.  I'm sure that there are other 66 year old women that could do what I'm doing and do it more easily, but I don't know them.  The old women I know can't do shit, and a large percentage of old men I know don't tdo shit, either.

Jon

LizStreithorst

Back when I was working construction someone gave me this really tight fitting Wonder Woman tee shirt.  I was too skinny.  I was 111 lbs and nothing but muscle and bone.  It was back may be 11 years ago.  I wore that tee shirt with pride. 

I  have proven to myself that am no longer Wonder Woman, but I know that I ain't half bad for an old person.  I can still do it, it just takes me way longer that it would if I were my younger self.

Barb

I think you are doing great Liz.  I also have to take longer to get things done.  But at least we 2 can still do a lot, right?  Who cares if it takes us longer??
Barb

Mugwump

,,,getting older is relative to your activity....just keep on, keeping on, and all's fine......speed is not as important...as doing is.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Thanks Barb and Jon.  You are right.