• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 07:53:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 311
Total: 311

Another wonderful day....

Started by Mugwump, April 27, 2013, 07:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Suns up, Temp's not too bad now, but warming up later. Golf clubs are ready, 4 hrs for 18 holes and then back to cook out later......it's looking up for spring.... ;D..Jan's even heading out with a daughter in law for a few garage sales.....Hmmm..maybe more tanks???.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Beautiful day here also. I'm making a trip to a town 45 minutes north of where I live to pick up some baby German Blue Rams. They were bred by a person I "met" on the Simply Discus forum.  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 27, 2013, 08:08:24 AM
Beautiful day here also. I'm making a trip to a town 45 minutes north of where I live to pick up some baby German Blue Rams. They were bred by a person I "met" on the Simply Discus forum.  ;D

Great !...We have a few too. Beautiful little fish.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

We've had several beautiful days in a row.  Got one shed almost finished and a small start on the second one.  It's been sunny and in the low 70s, but today it's going to be cloudy and in the low 60s.  Going with the camera club to a bulb farm south of here in a few minutes for a day of photography.  It's my first outing with them and I'm a rank neophyte!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Sounds like a nice day, Ron.....enjoy... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Gonna do my best at it.  They tell me that cloudy days are good because we won't have to deal with shadows so much. We'll see!  Getting up tis early is not what we usually do, so I hope it's worth it!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

It is going to be a nice day today. I think I'm going to grill out too. You'll like the rams Pauline. they are such a pretty fish. I have two pair that have spawned a couple of times but nothing came from there spawn. If you can get a male and female so they show off there colors better. the males love to show off for the ladies. Ron I hope you show off your pics. that's cool that you have a camera club. I like photography. I just don't know that much about it.
Scott

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on April 27, 2013, 08:12:40 AM

Great !...We have a few too. Beautiful little fish.... ;D

Well the plans for today fell through. He's a veterinarian and said today got crazy at work. Nothing definite planned now...I bought 10 gallons of RO water and have the tank all set up with aged water and the bio filter.    :-\ 

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

LizStreithorst

Will you be putting them in with your Discus, Pauline?  They are my favorite Discus tank mate.  (well, maybe tied with Bristle Nose).  They are colorful, entertaining, and they and the discus ignore one another.  They are also "the canaries in the coal mine".  If something ain't right with your water they will let you know before the Discus even realize it.

These come from a different source.  Please QT them.

BTW, nice weather here today.  Rain tonight and tomorrow.  That means I'll be cleaning house rather than playing gardener.  Ho hum...
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Yes Liz, the plan was to put them in with the discus. Definitely QT for them. I have their QT tank all set up but now I don't know when they'll be available for me to pick up.  If it doesn't work out for Bill between now and next weekend I'll have to pass on them for now.  I'm having foot surgery and some doc appointments the following week.

Here's one I used to have a while back:

LizStreithorst

Sorry about the foot and the Doctors.  Hope you can make it work out with the fish.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

The golf was fun. My first time out this year, hit some good ones, and a few really awful ones....LOL... still, it was good to get out and get in the groove again....
Jon

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on April 27, 2013, 06:36:21 PM
The golf was fun. My first time out this year, hit some good ones, and a few really awful ones....LOL... still, it was good to get out and get in the groove again....

That's golf.  ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 27, 2013, 06:49:37 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 27, 2013, 06:36:21 PM

That's golf.  ;)

LOL...that's for sure....had a couple bird's and chipped in from about 25 ft off the fringe...so not a taotal loss...putting was good, Fairway woods excellent...but my irons were in need of some 'range time..... :o
Jon

b125killer

Pauline if you really want the rams I know a breeder that ships. I don't think he charges that much for shipping under 20 bucks. and the German blue are 10 bucks. I have gotten a few rams from him. He also has long fin gold rams and electric blue rams.
Scott