• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 11:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 329
Total: 331

Sunday coffee....swap day

Started by Mugwump, April 23, 2017, 04:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...34deg's out, but we'll be around 70 for us later....coffee is very, very good...and needed... |^| 

...the QC swap starts later than most the swaps...it begins at noon, and runs til 4 this afternoon.....it'll be in a different venue which is much more suited for holding swap type events..

..need more coffee now.....it'll be another long day.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great and the weather will bw even better. Plenty of sunshine with temps in the high 60s.

Have a great swap and thanks for the Keith Jarrett.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 23, 2017, 05:24:39 AM
The coffee is great and the weather will bw even better. Plenty of sunshine with temps in the high 60s.

Have a great swap and thanks for the Keith Jarrett.

....you are welcome......it's a good early morn'n tune..... |^|

...the swap should be decent....it'll be the biggest quad-city swap that they've had.....talking 40+ vendors.....
Jon

Rjb3

I'm enjoying my coffee now. Then, it's off to a great breakfast at the Cubby Hole in Richmond, Il. We always stop there on our way west. Next stop . . .  the Quad City Swap in Davenport. The swaps are always fun. My hat's off to Alex for getting this swap going again and taking it to the next level.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on April 23, 2017, 05:45:32 AM
I'm enjoying my coffee now. Then, it's off to a great breakfast at the Cubby Hole in Richmond, Il. We always stop there on our way west. Next stop . . .  the Quad City Swap in Davenport. The swaps are always fun. My hat's off to Alex for getting this swap going again and taking it to the next level.

yes indeed, Alex has done a very nice job of resurrecting the swap in the QC's area..... |^|
Jon

Tony44

How long of a drive from your house
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on April 23, 2017, 07:22:36 AM
How long of a drive from your house

...usually an hour and half+ to get out there......more/less dependent on traffic/construction.....yesterday was about 4hrs round trip for the draft
Jon

Tony44

Post some pics might take ride next time
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on April 23, 2017, 08:02:26 AM
Post some pics might take ride next time

...I'm sorry Tony, I didn't get any pics this time ....it was a nice venue....and the largest swap that I have seen in the QC area...ever...

Alex had about 45+ vendors....and a ton of faces that we've never seen before...LOL...attendance was great...roughly 750 folks showed up.....lots of variety...even some salts/frags. etc.... |^|

...lots of room with real wide aisles.....WOW...
Jon

wallace

Ripped some lumber...... chased Houdini back in........... might mow the lawn again before it rains.

Yesterday I loaded up 10 car batteries, 3 printers and a TV and headed over to the free dump day. Jeeez, they made it free for any kinds of trash and the line was over two hours long so I said Screwit and came home.
Dan

LizStreithorst

I worked on the building.  Had fun.  The old body is taking the abuse better ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 23, 2017, 07:03:48 PM
I worked on the building.  Had fun.  The old body is taking the abuse better ;D

...that's good to hear, Liz.....sometimes it just takes moving the muscles around to remind them of their real functions.... |^|
Jon