• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 01:11:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241

I have no choice

Started by LizStreithorst, April 18, 2017, 02:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I may get this started by offering adult Angels to my LFS.  They don't care whether or not they are breeding pairs, they're worth $5.00 each.  It's better than killing them. 

I like my PS Ghost pairs.  They're the ones that produce the German blue blushers and platinum blushers that have me so hot and bothered ::)
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

Oh hell liz send them to me!! lol I would think your wholesaler would be interested in the dots you raise. Is he not?

LizStreithorst

The problem with Dots is that it takes them too long to reach salable size.  There is a guy who has a couple of pairs of Flame Gouramis for sale.  I asked him if they took as long a time as the Dots and he said yes, so Dots and their ilk are out.  I'm finally down to 4 Dots.  They are living happily in the display tank at the shop.

As for sending some to you, I'm over shipping large fish.  My nerves can't take it.  I sweat bullets until they arrive.  If there is a disaster of some kind I've gone to all that trouble for nothing.  If you're up for some small's, I'm game.

I may start advertising and shipping some of my German Blue Blushers and Blue Platinum Blushers.  According to Mendelian genetics they absolutely have to be pearl scales which to me makes them kind of special.  I'm just waiting to see the pearl scales on the ones I have now just to be certain that what must be true is indeed true.  Some are over quarter body size and I see no evidence of pearl scaling so far.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 19, 2017, 04:55:21 PM
The problem with Dots is that it takes them too long to reach salable size.  There is a guy who has a couple of pairs of Flame Gouramis for sale.  I asked him if they took as long a time as the Dots and he said yes, so Dots and their ilk are out.  I'm finally down to 4 Dots.  They are living happily in the display tank at the shop.

As for sending some to you, I'm over shipping large fish.  My nerves can't take it.  I sweat bullets until they arrive.  If there is a disaster of some kind I've gone to all that trouble for nothing.  If you're up for some small's, I'm game.

I may start advertising and shipping some of my German Blue Blushers and Blue Platinum Blushers.  According to Mendelian genetics they absolutely have to be pearl scales which to me makes them kind of special.  I'm just waiting to see the pearl scales on the ones I have now just to be certain that what must be true is indeed true.  Some are over quarter body size and I see no evidence of pearl scaling so far.

....what were the parents?....by quarter you should be seeing something.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I have two pairs of Blue PS Ghosts.  They both produced a percentage of German Blue Blushers and Plat blushers.  Most of the plats were culls, but I have a few that are good.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 19, 2017, 05:34:16 PM
I have two pairs of Blue PS Ghosts.  They both produced a percentage of German Blue Blushers and Plat blushers.  Most of the plats were culls, but I have a few that are good.

....if blue ghosts parents.....those are pariaba....not blue blushers
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I posted a pic a while back and y'all said that they were Blue Blushers.  I'll snap a pic of the pairs and the kids when I get in the mood.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 19, 2017, 06:32:44 PM
I posted a pic a while back and y'all said that they were Blue Blushers.  I'll snap a pic of the pairs and the kids when I get in the mood.

...are these the 'hets'...??
Jon

LizStreithorst

Crappy pics, I know but here a shots of some of the kids and one of the pairs.  You can hardly tell from the pic that dad is a ps but it's the angle.  His scales are just as plump and shiny as the female's.  I'll take better pics when I'm not so tuckered out.  Between work, the fish, and the damn chicken house I'm all tuckered out.

LizStreithorst

Here are some better pics.  First, the two PS Ghost pairs.  One pair spawned on the cone today and the other pair spawned on the glass.  They are parents of the fish that I thought y'all told me were German Blue Blushers.

LizStreithorst

And here is are a couple of their kids.