• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 01:32:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 380
Total: 381

The tank is full.....

Started by PaulineMi, April 23, 2013, 06:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Here are the discus, moody critters that they are.  Lol.  Lots of filtration with an HMF set up and a sump underneath the tank.

They're a different kind of fish. Everything has to be to their liking, sometimes they love me, sometimes they act like I'm looking for a discus fish dinner!  :o  They sure are pretty though.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

They sure are...and a beautiful home that you've made for them.... ;D..are you using a substrate in those pots?..(nice work. Barb)......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Thank you Jon.

The low, bowl shaped pot is from Barb as is the cone. There is Eco complete, gravel and a sand "cap" in the pots. Barb recommended the sand on top so detritus didn't collect in the gravel that I had in the pots. It makes keeping everything pristine so much easier.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

ilroost

shatanka

Your discus and tank are just gorgeous, Pauline! They look like they are right at home in all of  the amazon plants. Very pretty!

BallAquatics

Very nice Pauline.  I'll bet you can spend hours watching them glide through the plants and interacting with each other.

Dennis

BillT

Looks very nice.
Looks like you can harvest some baby plants now too.

LizStreithorst

They make a lovely display, Pauline.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Thanks everyone. 

Bill...those Amazons grow like weeds! I never knew they sent those offshoots out like that. At first I thought they were nice fillers for the higher areas of the tank. Now its looking like it could end up like a jungle. Lol.

b125killer

They do look pretty. I like there set up too.
Scott

PaulineMi

Barb

Looks just great Pauline.  I know you have put a lot of thought and work into it all and it shows.  Happy and healthy discus, sometimes very hard to accomplish, and look at those Swords!  You have a green thumb too.
Barb

PaulineMi

Thanks so much Barb.  You've helped me quite a bit along the way. :)

I put a half of a Fertz tab in each pot. I had them on hand so I used them up. I'll use the Jobes fertilizer sticks you suggested next time. Right now, being a newly set up tank, I'm having a bit of a diatom issue. I'm surprised that's happening with all of the big daily water changes I'm doing.

Jdmcfast

Pauline the discus and plants look great!

Josh

PaulineMi