• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 07:04:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 318
Total: 319

Who watches NCIS ??

Started by Mugwump, April 23, 2013, 04:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

It's our favorite show....we do. usely, watch NCIS Los Angeles too..both are excellent....that's about it, unless there's an old 'The Thin Man' on, or some other Dashiell Hammett ...yada yada..

These reality shows should be banned....they're like mental robbery...don't get me wrong, I watch some other shows here and there too....but good TV is scant now days,,,
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

I DO , I DO! I love NCIS! Love DiNozzo, of course ( I get a kick out of how Ziva and he have this...how you say...thing...there is a constant battle/frustration/flirty thing there..funny!) ; and I absolutely love Abby!! Gosh she is the hub of the whole works! Such a quirky personality but oh so smart!The show has a lot of character personalities, and good plots that I think are interesting. Keeps the mind working and wondering!
I have to agree about the stupid reality shows. It pisses me off even that that stupid Snookie or whatever her name is and that whole NJ Shores group made so much fame and notoriety ..from being IDIOTS!
There was one last night that I watched for the first time that I thought was interesting though. It was called "Naked and Marooned"? Yeah, here it is, it was on the Discovery channel- http://www.discoveryuk.com/web/naked-and-marooned-with-ed-stafford/photos/naked-and-marooned-with-ed-stafford/ .  I just think it is more interesting seeing how he manipulates things to survive on this island than to see who Snookie is swearing at, or sleeping with, or whatever they do on that show! ha ha. 

PaulineMi

I don't watch very much TV but I do not watch any reality shows. Some of them are just dumb but there are a number of them that I see as bordering on unkind and as stereotyping certain groups of people.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

About the only network tv show I watch is the Big Bang.  A bit of Discovery, History Channel, and PBS.  My favorite are BBC Documentary films, but since they are not broadcast tv I guess they wouldn't count.

Like Jon said, "tv is like mental robbery".  What a colorful phrase!  LOL  You can't get this kind of entertainment on the boob tube!

Dennis

shatanka

Ha ha..I like Big Bang Theory too.

ilroost

Only time tv is on at my house is when sports are on

BillT

I enjoy NCIS occasionally, but I watch Grimm and Vikings a lot more.
Also, because I like slapstick, I watch Wipe-Out sometimes.

Ron Sower

We are fans of both NCIS shows. We record a lot of shows that Linda likes which we watch ''together'' in the den where I play with my tanks.  I can't just sit and watch.

I was told the reason the ''reality'' shows are so widespread is that the are very cheap to produce.  Obviously no acting ability is required and the settings are crap.  I get sick at the amount of fake drama that is injected in today's tv. It speaks to me of the overall low American mentality that they are so popular. 

Just sayin'....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Quote from: shatanka on April 23, 2013, 07:49:24 PM

Now that show I find hilarious.  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 24, 2013, 06:26:18 AM
Quote from: shatanka on April 23, 2013, 07:49:24 PM

Now that show I find hilarious.  ;D

4 new ones in a row, coming up here soon.....I watch it now and then too.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson