• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 12:11:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 192
Total: 192

RO Systems

Started by wsantia1, April 05, 2017, 09:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Okay folks, looking for some advice. In my new house I plan to install an RO unit on the utility sink that I put in the basement. I am looking for a unit that produces minimal waste water while getting the TDS down as much as possible.

I am also looking to generate about 75 gallons per day maximum. Are there many units out there that will fit this bill and do it well. I have looked at some units on Amazon and the price ranges were all over the place so I thought to check here before I spend money on a unit that will not suit my needs. 

I am sure I am overlooking some factors. Just don't know what I should be asking. Any advice you RO experts can give me will be very much appreciated.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 05, 2017, 09:09:56 AM
Okay folks, looking for some advice. In my new house I plan to install an RO unit on the utility sink that I put in the basement. I am looking for a unit that produces minimal waste water while getting the TDS down as much as possible.

I am also looking to generate about 75 gallons per day maximum. Are there many units out there that will fit this bill and do it well. I have looked at some units on Amazon and the price ranges were all over the place so I thought to check here before I spend money on a unit that will not suit my needs. 

I am sure I am overlooking some factors. Just don't know what I should be asking. Any advice you RO experts can give me will be very much appreciated.

....look around here....75gpd isn't much.....it'll take a day to get it.....look into a holding tank...

https://airwaterice.com/reefkeepers-rodi.html
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I have a 90 gpd unit that I'll sell cheap.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

The pressure you have in your pipes is really important. If you have 60+ psi you can use a water-saver RO without a booster pump. This uses two membranes in series to reduce waste. If your pressure is low like mine, you can't have a good waste/product ratio unless you run a noisy booster pump, and they aren't cheap.

Check this
http://www.thefilterguys.biz/water_saver_ro_di.htm

You don't need the DI stage, that's for salt water people. So if they can make you a system without the DI it should be cheaper.
Dan