• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 02:59:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 258
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 294
Total: 294

..A lazy Sunday morn'n....

Started by Mugwump, March 26, 2017, 06:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee's very good, and as it continues to drizzle outside, extreme fog has settled in for the time being......a good day to just chill out and putz in the fish room..

...now tho, more coffee... |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..must be a lazier day than I'd thought.... huh.....everybody's still sleeping?.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee was good. Another cold and cloudy day. Might get some rain later but not much.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Got all my perishables to Pop's freezer before it started raining.  Made some pan cakes for the youngest grandson who is with us this weekend.  Now it's off to change some water and make room for what will hopefully be a nice amount of rain.

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 26, 2017, 09:04:24 AM
Got all my perishables to Pop's freezer before it started raining.  Made some pan cakes for the youngest grandson who is with us this weekend.  Now it's off to change some water and make room for what will hopefully be a nice amount of rain.

Dennis

I think I may need to start collecting some rain water soon. I only have runoff from the gutters though. Wouldn't that contaminate the rain water?
Willie

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 26, 2017, 09:11:22 AM
I think I may need to start collecting some rain water soon. I only have runoff from the gutters though. Wouldn't that contaminate the rain water?

That's how I collect ALL my rain water Willie.  If it hasn't rained for some time, I will get a bit of dust, or sometimes pollen in the spring, but a 5 micron string filter takes care of that.

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 26, 2017, 09:21:16 AM

That's how I collect ALL my rain water Willie.  If it hasn't rained for some time, I will get a bit of dust, or sometimes pollen in the spring, but a 5 micron string filter takes care of that.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. That was my main concern. I can hit that water with my diatom filter if necessary. |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 26, 2017, 10:00:34 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on March 26, 2017, 09:21:16 AM

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. That was my main concern. I can hit that water with my diatom filter if necessary. |^|

...you can even set up a couple of those cheap canisters with the twine/carbon filters and just pump it through as you fill tanks... .....
Jon

wsantia1

It was a nice quiet day until I decided to do a water change and flooded the bathroom in the basement. The toilet bowl that I drain my water into overflowed. huh First time that toilet has done that in a couple of hundred uses. I must have stopped it up with tissue paper.
Willie

Ron Sower

Bummer, Willie.

...I'm here in rain-soaked Tacoma...typical Spring weather here...clouds, then rain, then sunbreak...then, more clouds, more rain, more sunbreaks...ad infinitum wfwf wfwf wfwf...leaving tomorrow evening for AZ, so I think I can make it anther 24 hours...!  |^|

..coffee's good tho...and great to visit stepdaughter and granddaughter.... |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...fell asleep in the recliner.....now i need to run a quick errand....then back to chill'n out.... 8)
Jon

Rjb3

I've been busy here. Coffee first, of course. Then, I cranked out 25 mini pallets for Gerry's Garden. Gotta keep up.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Rjb3 on March 26, 2017, 12:42:46 PM
..... I cranked out 25 mini pallets for Gerry's Garden.....

What's a mini pallet consist of Bob?    huh

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 26, 2017, 01:13:46 PM
Quote from: Rjb3 on March 26, 2017, 12:42:46 PM
..... I cranked out 25 mini pallets for Gerry's Garden.....

What's a mini pallet consist of Bob?    huh

Dennis

+1
Willie

LizStreithorst

I should be doing carpentry but I'm doing laundry, cleaning house and making Jambalaya instead.  I always rate how much I dread a project by how many times I clean house before tackling it.
Always move forward. Never look back.