• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 240
Total: 240

Week old Danio roseus

Started by BallAquatics, April 18, 2013, 12:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Eating newly hatched bbs makes your belly turn pink!  I took the D. roseus out of the Oto tank and thought I'd set them up for some spawning activity.  They are always a hit at the swaps..... most hobbyists have never heard of them!

Dennis

Mugwump

nice spawn....cool little things... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

So tiny. They look like my little cherry shrimp.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

Nice!! I must admit i have never heard of them

Mugwump

I've read that Danios grow fairly fast....??....how are these guys doing?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on April 26, 2013, 06:48:51 PM
....how are these guys doing?....

They are doing fantastic Jon, thanks for asking.  Most Danios do grow very fast.  That's one of the reason the research labs like them so much.

These guys will get to be around 2" as adults so you can actually see lots of growth in only 21 days.  With fry from the little Danios like margaritatus, it takes them 12 weeks to get as big as these guys at 21 days.....  LOL  Of course they are sexually mature and will only grow another .25", but with the little ones it seems like they grow slower when in reality they don't.

Dennis

Mugwump

Nice vid....zounds !..big spawn too.... :D
Jon

b125killer

Looking good, Wow there getting big.
Scott

BallAquatics

They get 2 feeding of bbs daily with some golden pearls in between and a daily 100% water change.  In about a week it will be time to cull and move these guys into bigger quarters.

Dennis

BallAquatics

Well these guys are getting very close to be sexually mature.  They have been a hit on AquaBid as they are priced to moved.  They were split into 2 groups and moved into 20 gallon longs.  They still get huge daily water changes and the Gar is now about 6" long from culling his duties.

They are not as colorful as the parents, but I think they are showing remakable color for being in a bare bottom tank.  They should look nothing short of fantastic in a planted tank with a dark substrate.

Dennis

PaulineMi

They are looking really nice Dennis.  Great pictures too.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Very, very nice....great pics too... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Thanks Pauline & Jon.  Gotta show-off the baby pictures every now and then.  You know how it is.   ;)

Dennis

BillT

BallAquatics