• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 08:38:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 341
Total: 341

CANCER SUCKS

Started by ilroost, April 17, 2013, 11:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

Lost my younger brother last night. Got the call to come to St. louis but didn't get there in time. God i hate cancer.
He went to the doctor because of a headache 2 weeks ago and died of cancer that quick.
Please keep my mom in your prayers, she is 78 years old and not taking it so well

shatanka

Oh my goodness! I am so so very sorry for your loss of your younger brother. 
I have a friend that had a cold for a few weeks, it wouldn't go away. He went to the doctor, they did blood tests, and omg if they didn't tell him he had Leukemia! Until this, and hearing of your brother's symptoms, I didn't realize such simple things that make us feel bad, could be overlooked and be so horrible. I can only imagine you and your mother's grief. You are all in my prayers.

Frank The Plumber

Geez, Sorry. I'll keep your Mom in my prayers.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

That's sad,....my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Sorry to hear the terrible news ilroost.  We'll be thinking of Mom and rest of you folks.

Dennis

BillT

Sorry to hear about your loss.

My parents both died of cancer. Medical research advances but not so quickly.

I feel people having problems with losses of others do better with a lot of personal contact and support from those near them when possible.
Exercise is also good, even if it is only walking.

PaulineMi

My heart goes out to your Mother on the heartbreaking loss of a child. You and your mother are in my prayers. May your brother rest in peace.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Sorry to hear that. You're family is in my thoughts and prayer.
Scott

Barb

I am so sorry.  I know your pain, I lost my only brother to cancer just 4 years ago.  He was only 56.
Barb

Ron Sower

ilroost, it just doesn't seem right that sons and daughters die before their parents or even older siblings. I'm sorry you lost him.  The short time, once diagnosed, may have  been a blessing.  This may be not the best time to say that.  But I feel that way.

Not only will I keep your Mom in my thoughts, but you as well.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

Thanks everyone !! They make me feel alot better