• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 07:22:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 321
Total: 322

Batten the hatches....

Started by Mugwump, April 17, 2013, 05:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank The Plumber

One of the worst days in my life and still a lot more to go.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

BallAquatics

Hang in there Frank.  It's almost over.

Dennis

Frank The Plumber

147 calls. Still coming in at a rate of 12 to 15 per hour. Out of 20 service stops I could only help 2 people, all of the rest were still being flooded by the sewer. most had check valves that if I hit with the rod would open them and make it worse.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

BallAquatics

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on April 18, 2013, 02:25:31 PM
.....all of the rest were still being flooded by the sewer. most had check valves that if I hit with the rod would open them and make it worse.

Oh the joys of living in the great metropolis!  I've lead a sheltered life here on the back roads of rural Ohio.  LOL LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Ah, got the water vac'd up...things wiped down, moved, etc...washed/dried the laundry room rugs, and tidy'd up a bit.....the sump is finally not runnibg as often....whew.....I hope the worst is over...the dehumidifier is running now, so it's getting better..... ;D

LOL...almost 70 today..calling for some snow on friday.....good heavens....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Holy Cow, Frank!  All those unfortunate people! I hope you get enough rest to keep your immune system intact...!

And Jon, you've gotta be tired.  Us older guys don't go as long and steady as we used to. 
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 18, 2013, 08:38:12 PM
And Jon, you've gotta be tired.  Us older guys don't go as long and steady as we used to.

I try to just keep on. keeping on....LOL...I even managed to set up a new router, and laptop, for Jan. We found a sweet deal on a HP laptop(17"+ screen/4gigs ram/360 gig hd/dvd,etc)...not new, but sure looks/acts like it...I had to clean up some proggies/files,etc and load a few proggies and transfer files from this desktop........but now we'll have a 'puter' to use downstairs too.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on April 19, 2013, 06:15:34 AM
......but now we'll have a 'puter' to use downstairs too.....

Good find Jon!

Dennis