• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 11:34:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 408
Total: 409

Batten the hatches....

Started by Mugwump, April 17, 2013, 05:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Looks like a lot..and I mean a lot of rain, and wind....flood warnimgs from today thru Friday here....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

You sure have had a tough winter and spring Jon!  Is all the snow melted yet?  If not, I assume the rain and wind will get rid of it?  Or is it too cold?  Enjoy your nice warm fish room...and eat some chocolate,
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on April 17, 2013, 06:48:48 AM
You sure have had a tough winter and spring Jon!  Is all the snow melted yet?  If not, I assume the rain and wind will get rid of it?  Or is it too cold?  Enjoy your nice warm fish room...and eat some chocolate,
Barb

Yep. it's been a strange couple of seasons. The snow's been gone for a bit, and now we're getting double the spring to make up for last year, when it was 80's in March, and spring was a 'no show'....we do need the rain tho....but sheesh, no all at once....LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Noaaah! I want you to build and Ark!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Frank The Plumber

Not enough yet today. A little bit harder and longer and the phone will start ringing non stop. Last week was a tough one. A lot of rain in two days. Another week of tree root growth and they will start plugging up in a one inch rain. Put in your R and D Root Destroyer Today and dose again in a week. If you can leave it in the line for 24 hours without a flush it will retard root growth much better. If you have a tree 8" in diameter within 5 feet of your sewer have it rodded to see if roots come back. If you have a tree 12 inches in diameter or larger within 5 feet of your sewer rod every other year minimally if you ever have roots come back on a rod. Trees over 24" or ones an adult can not embrace and touch their finger tips, rod the line each year.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Good advice Frank....The thunder/lightning gets pretty wicked here on/off...so I unplug the computer..... ;D....just to be safe... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Tomorrow's weather forecast is for severe storms, hail and possible tornado warnings!  Tonight heavy rains....again. There's lots of flooding and standing water everywhere.  Oh and we'll be in the 70s tomorrow but back down to 40s a few days later.   :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 17, 2013, 03:28:09 PM
Tomorrow's weather forecast is for severe storms, hail and possible tornado warnings!  Tonight heavy rains....again. There's lots of flooding and standing water everywhere.  Oh and we'll be in the 70s tomorrow but back down to 40s a few days later.   :o

ditto, Pauline.....interesting storm....little this, and a little that.....
Jon

Frank The Plumber

Holy God, make it stop. If you are not flooding you are really lucky.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on April 18, 2013, 06:31:49 AM
Holy God, make it stop. If you are not flooding you are really lucky.

Yep, the sump is running , but we still got water.....sheesh....worst part is that there's not much that I can do until it stops.....
Jon

b125killer

I'm getting sick of this weather we are having this year. I was woken up by the the wind, rain, thunder, and hail yesterday. I was thinking it was a tornado. So I rolled over and went back to sleep. Lucky me that it wasn't as bad as it sounded. The river in our city was already at flood stage and there calling for more rain.
So far I haven't had any water in the basement. I don't know how I got that lucky. Probably because I haven't been down there today yet.
Scott

Barb

I sure hope all the rain stops soon, you have had enough already.  Mother Nature is a bad lady this year.
Barb

Ron Sower

You guys hang in back there.   I remember those types of rains.  I lived in Va until I moved out here to the Seattle area 15 years ago.  Wow! That's starting to sound like a long time...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

Anybody have a boat and a couple of oars i could borrow? The corn field behind my house is looking like a big pond.
Last year at this time i was complaining because there was no rain.

PaulineMi

Now we have a tornado watch.   :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)