• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:55:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 262
Total: 263

da GCCA swaperoo....

Started by Mugwump, March 05, 2017, 05:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....we're back....and it was a nice swap.....good folks, great time... |^|

I don't know if Bob/Gale had porterhouses on the way home, but we did ok.....brought a few angels and a couple bags home, that was it....

...scored a pair of albino super red guppies from Frank....that'll round out the one tank of them that we have....then scored a bag of (30) various shrimp ....ahem....$9.... |^|

We grabbed burgers on the way home....got it all put up....then realized that we were both pretty sore from doing  huh.....so a fist full of Advil and a fresh cup of coffee....and we're chill'n.....big time too......

I forgot to take pics dang it.....but next time..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I have to say we didn't do bad. We could have done steak on the way home. Pizza instead. LOL

As a result of ordering that pizza from the local saloon, we met a hosta/day lillly wholesaler.  Yup, he walks in and says to me "You waiting for a pizza?' I said "yeah, why?" He said "I saw the lettering on your van outside and called the number. I just talked to your wife. She said you were in here waiting for pizza." I couldn't believe it. We're setting up a tour of his facility. That's how connections are made sometimes, I guess.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Rjb3 on March 05, 2017, 06:16:01 PM
That's how connections are made sometimes, I guess.

Isn't it funny how things work out sometimes.  Hoping it works to both of your advantage.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Cool story and a good omen, My Captain.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

We only paid $125 to get the sides and the back of the van lettered. Money well spent. People normally snap a picture of it and call us later.

Mugwump

...that's great !....ya just never know....do ya  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on March 05, 2017, 05:10:59 PM
....we're back....and it was a nice swap.....good folks, great time... |^|

I don't know if Bob/Gale had porterhouses on the way home, but we did ok.....brought a few angels and a couple bags home, that was it....

...scored a pair of albino super red guppies from Frank....that'll round out the one tank of them that we have....then scored a bag of (30) various shrimp ....ahem....$9.... |^|

We grabbed burgers on the way home....got it all put up....then realized that we were both pretty sore from doing  huh.....so a fist full of Advil and a fresh cup of coffee....and we're chill'n.....big time too......

I forgot to take pics dang it.....but next time..... huh

A fist full of ibuprofen for me. Same reason. LOL

Ron Sower

Quote from: Rjb3 on March 05, 2017, 06:31:15 PM
We only paid $125 to get the sides and the back of the van lettered. Money well spent. People normally snap a picture of it and call us later.
How about you snapping a pic and posting it for us!!!! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

sschind

Quote from: Rjb3 on March 05, 2017, 06:16:01 PM
I have to say we didn't do bad. We could have done steak on the way home. Pizza instead. LOL

As a result of ordering that pizza from the local saloon, we met a hosta/day lillly wholesaler.  Yup, he walks in and says to me "You waiting for a pizza?' I said "yeah, why?" He said "I saw the lettering on your van outside and called the number. I just talked to your wife. She said you were in here waiting for pizza." I couldn't believe it. We're setting up a tour of his facility. That's how connections are made sometimes, I guess.

What?  No Chipotle?  I'm surprised.

As far as the van lettering, $125 was a great deal, it looks great. 
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Rjb3

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 05, 2017, 10:46:33 PM
Quote from: Rjb3 on March 05, 2017, 06:31:15 PM
How about you snapping a pic and posting it for us!!!! |^|

I can text a pic. to anyone that wants to see our cool little van. PM your number to me. I'm not so good at posting pics.