• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 07:22:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 202
Total: 202

Baby Goats

Started by wallace, March 03, 2017, 08:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallace

There were two new ones last night, a male and a female.

Another doe is due in a few days. Then some more in a few weeks.

Dan

wallace

One more picture.
Dan

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

What beautiful babies.  Which is the doe kid?  Would you humor me by posting an udder shot if mama.  With dairy it's all about the boobs ;)
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

lol.. the boob photoshoot will have to wait until tomorrow, its dark now. I can get all three does if you're interested. ;D
Dan

LizStreithorst

Please!  Give her a week or so before you take the pic.  She needs come into full milk before I can make an evaluation. 

Which kid is the buck?  The black and tan looks more male to me but with Nubians it's hard to tell.  Saanens are easy to tell just by looking at the kid's head.

wallace

The doe kid is the spotted one, the buck looks more like Mom, and will be a wether.
Dan

wsantia1

Don't know anything about goats but those are really cute. Congrats. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wallace

We aren't experts on goats either, so its a good thing it isn't rocket science. I have never seen an ugly kid goat. We have a playpen handy in case they need to come in the house for any reason.

Dan

BallAquatics

Quote from: wallace on March 04, 2017, 11:38:55 AM
We have a playpen handy in case they need to come in the house for any reason.

Ooooo, I'll bet there's a LOT of entertainment value in that!!!

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 04, 2017, 12:04:50 PM
Quote from: wallace on March 04, 2017, 11:38:55 AM
We have a playpen handy in case they need to come in the house for any reason.

Ooooo, I'll bet there's a LOT of entertainment value in that!!!

Dennis

+1....LOLOLOLOL.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

This little guy is in the kitchen, in his playpen. He's having some kind of problem with his bum, and his temp is a bit high.

Dan

LizStreithorst

He doesn't look sick.  Is he still eating well?  Have you checked him for coccicidia?

wallace

He's eating OK. We brought him in for some betadine and a shot of anti-b, and to keep an eye on him. I'll have to ask the resident goat lady about the coc.... coc..cid............... who the hell comes up with words like that?
Dan

wallace

And the udders for Liz's review...
Dan