• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:25:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 501
Total: 501

Bulgarian Seal Point spawn

Started by waterboy, March 03, 2017, 09:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

Finally, my Bulgarian Seal Point Angels spawned, well one of them anyway.  He spawned with a Philippine Blue Silver.  The babies have been swimming for about 4 days so it looks like they will make it if I don?t jinx them with this post. 
They are (D/g,bg/bg,pb/pb)+(+/+,pb/pb).  I should get 50% blue silvers and 50% Black Lace Pinoy all of them Het for Bulgarian Green.  If the female has a hidden gold gene I should get some Platinums too.  Can already tell the Pinoys from the rest.

I bought these from Joel in Janesville about a year ago.  Lost a few, and the ones that are left look to be all males. The one that spawned is one that I was hoping might be a female as he is not as obviously male as the others.  Now all I have to do is grow them out for about a year and mate a black one to a silver one and I will be back to real Bulgarian Seal Points.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

..nice...good luck with the project  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Thanks, I was beginning to think there was something wrong with them.  I bought them last March and I thing they were at least four months old then.  There is one more hanging out with a Hybrid Black but no more spawns yet. 

I didn't want to say anything when they spawned because I wasn't sure they were going to make it.  I have lost some spawns here lately and don't know for sure why.  I did a couple water changes of half Rainwater and half hard well water. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.