• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 09:28:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 353
Total: 353

The Happy Hunting Ground

Started by LizStreithorst, February 24, 2017, 04:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

For those who don't know, that's what I call the 125 display tank at my shop.  Wednesday, when the only work I had was my own Chow Chow and a walk in nail trim ::) I decided to tackle the Happy Hunting Ground.  First, I cut down my Amazon Sword.  I cut half the leaves off down at the base of the plant.  I actually was able to pull one of it's children by the roots.  It's roots were only in a little place rather than covering the entire substrate.  It still made a mess.

Then I replaced the Magnum filter.  Then I wiped down the neglected sides.  Then I did a wipe down of the slimy sides.  Then I cleaned the canister filter.  Then I did a 60% WC.  Then I changed the Magnum again.  By the time I left, the water was almost clear and the tank looked good.

I took Thursday off since I made a good day's money selling fish :-[  I was looking forward to seeing the Happy Hunting Ground with new eyes this morning.  I was so impressed.  That tank looked good, almost beautiful.  What's better is that 4 of my customers turned and stared at the tank and asked me questions about fish.  My lawyer was the best.  She had one of her secretaries drop Radley off.  First thing she did was look at the tank.  When Freida, my lawyer, came to pick up she saw the fish boxes in the back of Charlotte  and asked about them so I told her about the fish room and the wholesaler and the fish being my "play pretend" business.  She was really interested so I gave her the short course in what I do.  It was fun.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 24, 2017, 04:03:27 PM
For those who don't know, that's what I call the 125 display tank at my shop.  Wednesday, when the only work I had was my own Chow Chow and a walk in nail trim ::) I decided to tackle the Happy Hunting Ground.  First, I cut down my Amazon Sword.  I cut half the leaves off down at the base of the plant.  I actually was able to pull one of it's children by the roots.  It's roots were only in a little place rather than covering the entire substrate.  It still made a mess.

Then I replaced the Magnum filter.  Then I wiped down the neglected sides.  Then I did a wipe down of the slimy sides.  Then I cleaned the canister filter.  Then I did a 60% WC.  Then I changed the Magnum again.  By the time I left, the water was almost clear and the tank looked good.

I took Thursday off since I made a good day's money selling fish :-[  I was looking forward to seeing the Happy Hunting Ground with new eyes this morning.  I was so impressed.  That tank looked good, almost beautiful.  What's better is that 4 of my customers turned and stared at the tank and asked me questions about fish.  My lawyer was the best.  She had one of her secretaries drop Radley off.  First thing she did was look at the tank.  When Freida, my lawyer, came to pick up she saw the fish boxes in the back of Charlotte  and asked about them so I told her about the fish room and the wholesaler and the fish being my "play pretend" business.  She was really interested so I gave her the short course in what I do.  It was fun.

...they should be impressed, you have some nice, well cared, for fish.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson