• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:33:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 315
Total: 315

SWAP day.....

Started by Mugwump, April 14, 2013, 05:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Always a fun time..... ;D...gotta finish loading up.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Rjb3

You are correct. Swap day= good time. I'm ready.

Frank The Plumber

120 bags loaded. Booomba. ;D
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Barb

We want to hear and see all about it guys.  I will be checking back here later.  Wish I had a swap to go to.  We have very warm weather here but you guys up in the frozen north have swaps. 
Barb ;D

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Barb on April 14, 2013, 12:10:55 PM
We want to hear and see all about it guys.  I will be checking back here later.  Wish I had a swap to go to.  We have very warm weather here but you guys up in the frozen north have swaps. 
Barb ;D

It's the same here, Barb.  fish swap?  What's a fish swap.  Ain't no such thing where I live.  I wouldn't give up the warm weather for fish swaps, though.  Shame that the thought of shipping leaves me cold, too.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Frank The Plumber

That was a great swap. Best one yet. Sold out and gave some to friends. Yay!!!!. Now I go sleepy. I'm exhausted.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

BallAquatics

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on April 14, 2013, 03:25:05 PM
Now I go sleepy. I'm exhausted.

LOL  That's the only drawback to the swaps.....  if you've got alot of fish to bag, you need to get up in the wee hours to get started.  Good to hear you had fun and sold lots of fish!

Dennis

Mugwump

Whew, back from the swap here too....what a good time..and thanks Frank for the veil 'het' collage  ;D..just what I needed to match up with the others....super nice of you...thanks again
We sold out too...but as always....hehe...we picked up a few things...
An Amazon sword mother plant that just fits a 50 gal tall, and still spreads out to cover most the surface,,,ahem, with babies....it's a good find...yep...sshhhh...only $25... ;D
(9) water sprite plants, over a foot tall....3/$5....
(5) super red plecos... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ..$25
(1) rosy red betta...my birthday present for next week from my lovely bride...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
'Grasshopper' (Melanie..aka Owl) gave us a bag of (5) Kribs...very nice.. ;D ;D ;D
(20) assasin snails....I traded some fry for......
and the nice part... ;D..I now have three 55's that I can use to split up the black spawn, and Sta Isabel/Rio negro spawn into for better grow out.... 8)
grabbed some of Capt'n Bob's great frenzy, Capt'n crunch, and flake foods...
I'm likely forgetting something tho.....???
It's so great to see all our friends, and fellow breeders again....Scott, Dan, Frank and his wonderful wife, Jerry, Steve, John, Marc, etal...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Da 'mama' sword plant...
Jon

Frank The Plumber

b125killer

Yep that was a fun swap. I got my male L201 and he's a good inch longer than the females. I hope he likes his ladies. I also stocked up on caption bob's fish food. I should be good until the next swap. 
Thanks Caption Bob for letting me try the Capt'n crunch. I feed the pleco fry the #1 and they all came out to get there share. Now I need to get them into a bigger grow out tank. Also want to thank Frank. The angels are settling down nicely in there new home. Jon Your sword plant is huge. what a good find. 
It makes me happy to know that everyone did good at the swap. The next GCCA swap I should have enough to be a Vendor. I think Dan is working on some jewel hybrid cichlids. And he might have some frontosa fry ready too.     
Scott

Owl307

Had a great time here too! Thanks for letting me use your table Jon! I should post pictures of the new koi angel ( albert ) i got. He's stunning! ( thanks again jon!!!)
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Mugwump

Quote from: Owl307 on April 15, 2013, 05:03:07 PM
Had a great time here too! Thanks for letting me use your table Jon! I should post pictures of the new koi angel ( albert ) i got. He's stunning! ( thanks again jon!!!)

Maybe we should have looked closer???...could it be Alberta??..... ;D ;D...glad to have you and your mom there...
Jon

Ron Sower

Nice score on the Amazon Sword.  I hope it grows lots of offspring for you!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron