• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 01:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 245
Total: 245

Air Pump Recommendations

Started by jennd, April 12, 2013, 05:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennd

What air pump do you recommend for running about 10 sponges?  I would rather have one pump running multiple tanks than having multiple pumps.  I am looking at the Eco-Air pump with 8 outlets.  Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks

LizStreithorst

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Medo-Linear-Air-Pump-115-volt-60-hz-7-amp-1-42-PSIG-/200913553153?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec7618701

These are indestructible.  I use the A102 series that is no longer manufactured.  Mine runs 20 sponges.  This one puts out a bit more PSI.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

One of these Tetra deep water pumps will easily run 10 sponges.  I have a couple of these I just keep around.  Great little pumps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tetra-Whisper-Deep-Water-Air-Pump-AP150-/271174936799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f234928df

Dennis

jennd

I have the Tetra Deep 300 on my 150.  It is a great pump. 

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 12, 2013, 05:45:45 PM
One of these Tetra deep water pumps will easily run 10 sponges.  I have a couple of these I just keep around.  Great little pumps.

Dennis

What do you use to run the different lines?

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 12, 2013, 05:38:24 PM

These are indestructible.  I use the A102 series that is no longer manufactured.  Mine runs 20 sponges.  This one puts out a bit more PSI.

Is it pretty quiet? Is it pretty energy efficient?  I don't want something that will use a lot of electricity.

Thanks for your help.

BallAquatics

Quote from: jennd on April 12, 2013, 06:02:54 PM
I have the Tetra Deep 300 on my 150.  It is a great pump. 

What do you use to run the different lines?

I'm glad you asked!  I just happened to set-up some breeder tanks using on of my pumps the other day.  The tanks are on a roll-around cart that's not close to my air loop, so I used one of the Tetra pumps .

You need a couple of things.....

• You need a "T" fitting so that you can connect the 2 outputs on the pump into a single outlet.  This balances to pressure on the 2 diaphragms and makes the pump work better.

• You also need a "Gang Valve" these come in various sizes, 2 vales , 3 valves, etc.  You can daisy chain these together to get the desired number of valves.

Dennis

Mugwump

Jehmco has 'air logs'.....they have a 12 valve log the would be ideal for you..

http://www.jehmco.com/html/air_accessories.html
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Jehmco has a couple of air pumps that work really well in the $80 range. I have 2 of the $80 pumps running 2000 gallons around 75 sponges.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

jennd

Thanks for the help everyone.  My next purchase will be an air pump and manifold.  I found one at Ken's Fish that is $40 and will run up to 40 outlets.  More than what I need but for the price I can't go wrong.  It's the EcoPlus Commercial Air 1.  It has good reviews and won't use that much electricity.  I think this pump is similar to what you have Liz. 

BallAquatics

Looks like a great little pump and you can't go wrong buying from Ken!

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I looked that pump up and it has no diaphragm.  I couldn't find out much else, but if it has no diaphram, it must be a linear piston pump like mine, but better!  And it only costs forty bucks!
Always move forward. Never look back.