• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 30, 2024, 01:42:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

dang it.....sheesh...

Started by Mugwump, January 25, 2017, 08:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...I'm out of dechlor......off to the store here soon.....I need to order more Safe...... wfwf

...anyone here use 'Safe' besides me ?.....I normally have a kilo here..........but.....dang it....doh..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I am on well water....very HARD well water so don't use that stuff.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

I use it when I'm up and running...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace

Well water here too, but I keep a bottle of Prime around in case I need to dechlorinate something after cleaning.
Dan

LizStreithorst

My well water was of iron and not suitable for fish.  The community water I use now has only chlorine  so I get to use sodium thiosulfate which is cheap as dirt.  I have air stones bubbling the shit out of the water in my storage tanks but better safe than sorry.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...our tap is neutral...PH 7.0-7.2......but even filtering with carbon, I get leery when I can smell the chlorine, and know they've been dosing big again...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 25, 2017, 08:32:28 AM
...I'm out of dechlor......off to the store here soon.....I need to order more Safe...... wfwf

...anyone here use 'Safe' besides me ?.....I normally have a kilo here..........but.....dang it....doh..... huh

I just bought 4 kilos of Safe a couple of months ago from Amazon. It was a good deal. I love Safe and use it on everything. Prime is too darn expensive when you have a lot of tanks.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 25, 2017, 05:01:51 PM

I just bought 4 kilos of Safe a couple of months ago from Amazon. It was a good deal. I love Safe and use it on everything. Prime is too darn expensive when you have a lot of tanks.

...you bet.....'Safe' rocks !!!.....220,000 gals a kilo, or something like that.....great product and doesn't take much room on your shelf.. |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 25, 2017, 05:07:48 PM

...you bet.....'Safe' rocks !!!.....220,000 gals a kilo, or something like that.....great product and doesn't take much room on your shelf.. |^|

4 kilos comes in a small white bucket. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 25, 2017, 05:09:31 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 25, 2017, 05:07:48 PM

4 kilos comes in a small white bucket. lol

...LOL...so you're good for quite awhile then, huh?.... (())
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 25, 2017, 12:40:13 PM
My well water was of iron and not suitable for fish.  The community water I use now has only chlorine  so I get to use sodium thiosulfate which is cheap as dirt.  I have air stones bubbling the shit out of the water in my storage tanks but better safe than sorry.

That is the kind of water I have.  I age water for water change in the  babies 2-1/2 gallon tanks in a white bucket.  The sides of the bucket cake with the iron and flake off.  I need to keep cleaning the bucket out.  If I fill a new tank I have to wait a day or two and then vacuum up the layer of iron precipitate from the bottom.  My fish do OK, but I have trouble introducing new fish that I get from someone else.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

ilroost

Well water here, hard as rock. PH 8+. Thus why I keep Africans. Still dose with declor because of hard metals and who knows what from the corn fields around my house

wallace

Well water sucks here. Super hard, pH of 8.7 and full of nitrate. Every drop of fish water is RO.

There are two mineral springs here, where mineral water bubbles out of the ground and makes an 'alkali flat' around it, a white powdery carbonate. A hundred years ago mineral water was a fad, so there was a rancher here that bottled the stuff for sale.
Dan