• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 02:36:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 150
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 173
Total: 173

Quitting Smoking Part II

Started by LizStreithorst, January 24, 2017, 07:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The craving comes and goes in waves.  I love it when I realize that I haven't been thinking about them, which turns into thinking about how much I loved them, then the huge craving comes upon me.  I think about why I decided that I hate them more that I love them, and eventually I forget about them again.  My "self" tells me that quitting will be worth the struggle.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 02, 2017, 06:16:10 PM
The craving comes and goes in waves.  I love it when I realize that I haven't been thinking about them, which turns into thinking about how much I loved them, then the huge craving comes upon me.  I think about why I decided that I hate them more that I love them, and eventually I forget about them again.  My "self" tells me that quitting will be worth the struggle.

|^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It was 3 weeks yesterday.  The only times is's hard is in the morning when I'm having coffee and after work when I'm chilling.

Ron Sower

That's really good, Liz.

I'm supposed to quit coffee and chocolates....so far, I'm still doing one cup in the morning, sometimes decaf, but caffed helps me more...and then I binge once in a while on the Hershey Kisses still in the pantry! :-[ :-[ :-[...like right now...I want a cup and 4 kisses in the left cheek to sip the coffee across... :( :( :(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

What I did was cut down until I ran out.  Once I was out I refused to buy more.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 10, 2017, 06:52:01 PM

|^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 10, 2017, 03:32:19 PM
It was 3 weeks yesterday.  The only times is's hard is in the morning when I'm having coffee and after work when I'm chilling.

You're doing great!!! 

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 10, 2017, 06:52:01 PM
Well there's always gonna be coffee here...Lucy drinks one cup every morning too...but I guess I'll just stretch out the kisses until they're gone then find some Werther's butterscotch hard candies... |eat| |eat| |eat|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

The key is, you have to want to quit.  If you don't, you're just wasting your time even talking about it.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Yep! And guess what I don't want to do....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

4 tobacco free four weeks today.  All it took was deciding that I hated the darling Honduran cigars more than I loved them.  I'm not even on the patch any more and I'm not suffering.  Sometimes I can think of nothing better than a nice cigar.  It's a shame that I got addicted and can no longer indulge.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 16, 2017, 06:53:44 PM
4 tobacco free four weeks today.  All it took was deciding that I hated the darling Honduran cigars more than I loved them.  I'm not even on the patch any more and I'm not suffering.  Sometimes I can think of nothing better than a nice cigar.  It's a shame that I got addicted and can no longer indulge.

Congratulations Liz. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 16, 2017, 06:53:44 PM

...Good for you.... |^|
Jon