• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 03:18:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 201
Total: 201

Quitting Smoking Part II

Started by LizStreithorst, January 24, 2017, 07:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeG

I heard you have to quit drinking also when you quit so good luck.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on February 19, 2017, 02:53:02 PM
I heard you have to quit drinking also when you quit so good luck.

I quit drinking in '88..29yrs ago...and didn't smoke at the time.....but when I quit, I started up again.....it was the lesser of the evils at the time...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Today is day 4 and it has been the hardest day yet.  I just figured out why.  At 3 oclock it was time to put on a new nicotine patch.  I reached to take off the old one and it wasn't there!  The damn thing fell off when I was in the bath last night.  No wonder I've been in misery all day.  Think I'll go do WC while this one is taking affect.

Barb

You can do it Liz, keep at it.  It will be so worth it.  Excuse all the its in this post.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on February 21, 2017, 06:16:32 PM
You can do it Liz, keep at it.  It will be so worth it.  Excuse all the its in this post.
Barb

LOLOLOLOLOLOL..... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Sometimes I wonder if Barb is a closet comedian or just funny. 

Barb, I forgive you all your "it's".  Let me know if you have any "and's" and "but's" you need forgiveness for ;)  I'm doing fine with the tobacco.  I have decided that I will lick the addiction.  When I really decide, it's a done deal.  Thanks for letting me rant in your ear this after noon.  You always make good logical sense that takes a little time to sort itself out in my emotional brain.  And you always make me feel better!

Please forgive my last sentence.  It starts with "And" and it's not a real sentence. 

LizStreithorst

Today is my one week anniversary.  It's still hard sometimes, even with the patch, but it is becoming less hard.

I coughed and hacked at first because I still had all that crap in my lungs.  It has become dramatically less, but I still have a good hack when I first get moving in the morning.

BallAquatics

Way to go girl!  We're all cheering for you.   |^|

Dennis

wallace

After the first week... smooth sailing.  |^|
Dan

Mugwump

..it'll get easier from now on.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Two weeks today.  I would kill for a nice stogie right now.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 02, 2017, 03:51:11 PM
Two weeks today.  I would kill for a nice stogie right now.

LOL.......patience and fortitude....
Jon

BallAquatics

Hang in there Liz.  It does get better, but it takes time too.

Just think of all the good that is going to come from quitting.  Is food tasting better yet?  I remember having plain old french fries with catchup on day after I had quit....  I couldn't believe how great it tasted.  It only gets better, you are past the worst of it!

Dennis

wsantia1

You'll soon get to a point where you won't think about them stogies anymore. Hang in there. You are doing a great job so far. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.