• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 12:19:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 138
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

Quitting Smoking Part II

Started by LizStreithorst, January 24, 2017, 07:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I tried a couple of years ago and failed.  I'm gonna give it another shot.  I'm following the recommendations of the CDC this time.  I read them and they all seemed reasonable.  They suggest cutting back first.  I have cut down to 7 of my lovely Honduran cigarillos a day.  I have smoked as many as 15 a day so I'm doing well. 

The CDC advises that I tell my friends.  Friends offer support and more importantly, it sucks to fail in front of friends.

I have not set a quit date yet.  I'll be damned if I'll going to toss those  lovely little expensive cigars before I smoke them all up.  My current goal is to get down to 5 of the lovelies a day.

I really hope that I can do it.  I can tell that they're hurting me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

You can do it!!  You are strong!  Sending good vibes to you...
Barb
PS, we leave tomorrow, return Mon.  Be good while I am gone.

LizStreithorst

Enjoy yourselves, Barb.  I'll do my best not to disappoint you while your gone.

wallace

I'm glad I quit, my lungs feel much better. I went from 2.5 packs a day to zero but started vaping, which really helped me but it may not be for everybody.

You can definitely do it.

Dan

BallAquatics

I know you can do it Liz.  You do everything else you set your mind to.   |^|

Dennis

Ron Sower

Liz, as I've gotten to know a little about on here, I'd say if you've made the decision, you're gonna do it. You're a pretty strong woman... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..good for you, Liz....you can do this  |^|   
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good luck Liz. You can do it. |^| |^| |^| I stopped smoking about 3.5 years ago but not until I had throat surgery. No cancer but a benign growth. huh

They wouldn't say it was smoking related but advised that I quit. They didn't have to advise me again.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 25, 2017, 07:02:39 AM
Good luck Liz. You can do it. |^| |^| |^| I stopped smoking about 3.5 years ago but not until I had throat surgery. No cancer but a benign growth. huh

They wouldn't say it was smoking related but advised that I quit. They didn't have to advise me again.

That's the way to go, Willie! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...my Dad smoked for years...I think since high school...I think he quit when I was in college...I remember so many mornings waking up hearing him coughing and hacking in the bathroom as he got ready for work... :(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

You can do it.  The biggest part is wanting to do it.  If you want to do it you can.

Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

BallAquatics

Quote from: waterboy on January 25, 2017, 10:10:00 AM
You can do it.  The biggest part is wanting to do it.  If you want to do it you can.

That's the bottom line, and a universal truth about most things in life.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I told y'all that I was determined to smoke up the ones I have.  I'm close.  Just 12 of the little darlin's left.  That's a day and a half of smoking left.  Thank God I only smoke expensive imported cigars and can't get what I want without ordering it on line.  I have unsubscribed form Famous Smoke Shop.  I plan on using nicotine patches to wean myself gently.  I know that I will suffer for a long time.  I've suffered before and I can do it.  This time I'll be bring on the suffering myself which sounds like kicking myself in the head for the fun of it.  I'll have to keep remembering that I'll thank myself once I'm free of addiction.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 14, 2017, 07:37:03 PM
I'll have to keep remembering that I'll thank myself once I'm free of addiction.

You really will too!  It's been 12 years this month since I quit....  I don't even think about smoking anymore, and that's after 30 years of 2 packs a day.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

If I got through the last two dreadful days without tobacco I can do anything,