• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 03:37:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 265
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 288
Total: 288

Shipping/packing idea

Started by shatanka, April 22, 2013, 11:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shatanka

I saw this on a craigslist ad today and though that it might be worth looking into. It is posted by an animal hospital who is giving away their Styrofoam containers that they have an abundance of
(that are from what the vaccines and meds come in) .

The ad said:

"Styrofoam coolers -
FREE small size Styrofoam coolers with lots of ice packs !
These coolers come with supplies from my work and are thrown away !
Please come get them. It will save the environment of having them in the landfill.
They are in good shape .... Need them GONE ASAP"

I thought that, if they are of the right sizes, that maybe they could be used to ship fish/plants in? Might be worth checking out your local vet and animal clinics to see if they have any they can give out to try them out? Just an idea....

wiggs

great idea! i would never have though of it.
Jan

BillT

Biology labs at universities often have this same problem because few place recycle styrofoam.
Might be more difficult to get access to though.

LizStreithorst

I've used these for shipping.  I used to have my shop at a veterinary hospital.  They would work well for a small order of little fish.  The styros are VERY heavy duty.   FedEx accepts them without a box, which is very nice, indeed.
Always move forward. Never look back.