• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 06:47:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 326
Total: 328

Wed. din din====>

Started by Mugwump, January 04, 2017, 01:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..fish and tater tots....been awhile... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 04, 2017, 01:21:21 PM

That's what I was thinking too.  A nice California blend for veggies.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 04, 2017, 01:25:08 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 04, 2017, 01:21:21 PM

That's what I was thinking too.  A nice California blend for veggies.....

Dennis

....naw..but soggy green beans cooked with bacon grease, onions, sure would be good tho....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

LOL wasn't suggesting, that's what we're having.  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 04, 2017, 01:51:04 PM
LOL wasn't suggesting, that's what we're having.  LOL

Dennis

...LOL...really no difference.......'yuppy veggie combos' don't do anything for me......
Jon

BallAquatics

Never really thought of it being 'yuppy'....  I like carrots, broccoli and cauliflower   |^|  Of course, I like peas, carrots, and green beans mixed too.  My favorite is corn and lima beans though.....  yum yum yum

Dennis

BallAquatics

Here's the problem, per Wikipedia...

"Yuppie" is a term that was introduced in the early 1980s and is defined.....

By the early 1980's, I'd been eating California blend for about 20 years.  Never thought of Mom as a trend setter!!!  LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Same as yesterday.  Then the roast gets sliced thick and sent to the freezer.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 04, 2017, 02:04:42 PM
Here's the problem, per Wikipedia...

"Yuppie" is a term that was introduced in the early 1980s and is defined.....

By the early 1980's, I'd been eating California blend for about 20 years.  Never thought of Mom as a trend setter!!!  LOL

Dennis

...I know...like the 'California' is supposed to make 'em taste better...but I like all those veggies too anyway.... |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 04, 2017, 02:19:01 PM
...I know...like the 'California' is supposed to make 'em taste better...but I like all those veggies too anyway.... |^|

I might have to look into how it came to be California blend.....  it's not like any of those are exclusive to California.

I heard a joke about California years ago and it has always stuck with me.  Can't recall who was telling it, maybe Bob Hope or Red Skelton....

California is just like a box of granola cereal.....  If you take out all the Fruits and the Nuts, all you have left are the Flakes.  Certainly not PC by today's standards.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 04, 2017, 03:00:11 PM

I might have to look into how it came to be California blend.....  it's not like any of those are exclusive to California.

I heard a joke about California years ago and it has always stuck with me.  Can't recall who was telling it, maybe Bob Hope or Red Skelton....

California is just like a box of granola cereal.....  If you take out all the Fruits and the Nuts, all you have left are the Flakes.  Certainly not PC by today's standards.

Dennis

LOL....good one.. |^|
Jon

Mugwump

...dinner was excellent !... |^| |^| |^| |^|.....4 thumbs up.. ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 04, 2017, 03:19:26 PM

Dennis

LOL....good one.. |^|

I get the frozen California blend all of the time (at Aldi's). Never really thought about the name. Just liked the mix of veggies. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 04, 2017, 05:13:38 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 04, 2017, 03:19:26 PM

Dennis

LOL....good one.. |^|

I get the frozen California blend all of the time (at Aldi's). Never really thought about the name. Just liked the mix of veggies. lol

"German blue blusher"
Jon

wallace

Never heard of California blend.  huh but I don't get out much.

Just had a bowl of cereal. I'll find something else later.
Dan