• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:58:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 368
Total: 368

...Saturday's coffee....

Started by Mugwump, December 31, 2016, 07:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....slowwww getting up this morning.....coffee's great........but I can't see much getting done today......blah....we both are still at war with this bug....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great this morning. It's going to be very nice today with temps in the 40s and sunny skmies. It will be a bit breezy but I'll take that over the alternative.

Not much on tap today. Maybe some water changes and if I can I'll get the short ribs ready (still thawing out) later on. Need to get some wine. For cooking and drinking.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

.....sounds good....and now when someone says 'let's go out tonight' ..you can say, I would, but I've already got plans, and dinner's cooking.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 31, 2016, 07:23:00 AM

.....sounds good....and now when someone says 'let's go out tonight' ..you can say, I would, but I've already got plans, and dinner's cooking.... |^|

Yep and those short ribs are thawed out too.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 31, 2016, 08:32:53 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 31, 2016, 07:23:00 AM

Yep and those short ribs are thawed out too.  |^| |^| |^|

..we haven't even planned for dinner tonight..... huh.....maybe order a Pizza ?... huh
Jon

Mugwump

....Pot #3...and finally ready to face the day....somewhat anyway......we might run out to grab something to cook for today/tomorrow...then hibernate and watch a couple movies  huh

...bucket of chicken ??
Jon

Rjb3

I'm ahead of schedule. Got my afternoon nap in already.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 31, 2016, 12:37:55 PM
I'm ahead of schedule. Got my afternoon nap in already.

.....I'm thinking about one right now......  |^|
Jon

BillT

I have also been feeling off recently.
I am now attributing it to low relative humidity and will get a humidifier.
My humidometer was reading 30% or lower. The comfort range is considered 40-60%.

Low humidity can be lead to dry mucus membranes (eyes, nose, throat, sinuses) which can make one more susceptible to getting sick (poorer mucus membrane integrity?). Dry eyes can make me feel sleepy.

Fish rooms are therefore good for health. Mine is about 50-60%. Don't want condensation though.

wsantia1

Quote from: BillT on December 31, 2016, 12:47:01 PM
I have also been feeling off recently.
I am now attributing it to low relative humidity and will get a humidifier.
My humidometer was reading 30% or lower. The comfort range is considered 40-60%.

Low humidity can be lead to dry mucus membranes (eyes, nose, throat, sinuses) which can make one more susceptible to getting sick (poorer mucus membrane integrity?). Dry eyes can make me feel sleepy.

Fish rooms are therefore good for health. Mine is about 50-60%. Don't want condensation though.

It's a fine line here for me. I have a dehumidifier in the basement (fishroom) to keep it relatively dry (40%) while I am trying to sell. That along with the dry heat from the furnace makes it really dry upstairs so I have one of these Vicks cool mist humidifiers in my bedroom. Since I started using that I fall asleep right away and sleep comfortably through the night. Now my dog has to wake me up. lol
Willie

LizStreithorst

I'm not sick like many of you but I do have a dehumidifier in the fish room  It keeps the room warm and gets the humidity down enough that I have no condensation.  I dehumidifier is a wonderful thing to have on a rainy humid winter day.  I may have to plug the one I have in the house in tomorrow. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

We always have problems with dry air in the winter. There are pots simmering on the wood stove but it doesn't help much. If I put one of those misters in the bedroom the water condenses on the cold ceiling. I'm used to it but when I go to the coast it feels great to have some moisture in the air.

Dan