• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:02:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,322
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 291
Total: 292

Discus Strains

Started by PaulineMi, April 04, 2013, 06:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Thanks for finding this Pauline, I will be able to identify a few of mine now.  I used to live in the Philippines a long time ago, military, and I never saw a single discus in the fish shops I shopped in.  How times have changed in the discus world!
Barb

PaulineMi

Barb if you were in the Phillipines now with your discus interests you'd probably have a ball picking out fish. Self control .....  ::)

On a side note...my son was stationed at the Marine base in the Phillipines when the Mount Pinatubo volcano erupted.  He said he never wanted to hear anyone complain about weather after that experience.  However after he was discharged he moved to California in time to experience the big LA earthquake!    :o

http://geography.about.com/od/globalproblemsandissues/a/pinatubo.htm
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Ah yes, Subic Bay Naval Base, we went there for a day's drive from Clark AFB where we lived.  It was a mountainous interesting drive back and forth.  When the volcano erupted, it covered Clark with ash many feet deep.  The base had to shut down.  I wonder what happened to the avocado tree I had planted in our front yard, I grew it from a seed/pit and it was about 3' tall when we left in 1973.  Maybe all that ash made a good fertilizer for it and the tree is now 25' tall. 
Barb