• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:22:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 271
Total: 271

Right on the Verge

Started by LizStreithorst, April 03, 2013, 08:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'm still a wishin' and hopin', Mug.  I'm counting on Mike although Kenny is looking, too.  My good friend Ringo has told me that Mike will come through for me.  If only I could buy Discus from the regular shipments like normal people...Not me.  I'm a difficult customer, but I'm willing to pay more for the best.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Good news!  I just heard from Mike. He'll be getting 40 pcs in around the first of the month.  I know I can count on him to pick nice ones for me.

Mugwump

That is good news   ;D ;D.....a plan starts to come together, I like that.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Good news indeed Liz, especially since I may be the owner of some of the future offspring of the ones you get and raise!
Barb

PaulineMi

Good for you Liz.  And we will get to see pictures of them when Mike posts his new stock photos.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Scott

LizStreithorst

Big news.  A sponsor on DaaH just got an order in.  He has some Red Alanquers that are to die for.  He says that they are F1 Curipiera.  He also has grade AAA Red Covers.  Beautiful fish, but none have a red eye.  I'm thinking they are crossed with Red Whites.

I don't know if people who are not members of DaaH can view pictures or not, but here's the link:  http://newdaah.com/index.php?topic=11919.msg118677#new  There are some very nice Discus and some that I don't much care for.  His baby Red Melon's and Millenium Gold's rock.  Some fine Pigeon Bloods, too.

Mugwump

Dang !!..those are some beaut's for sure....... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Did you place your order yet?  Beautiful fish~
Barb

LizStreithorst

I told him that I want four red Alanquers and that all else being equal I want the ones with the least amount of striations.  I'd like more than four, but they're $100. each and FedEx overnight is a killer.  I also asked about the fish in the lower left of his second pic of the red alanquers.  The fish has a blue face and a blue halo.  It appears to have a partial red eye.   If it has a partial red eye I could forgive what looks to be a black mark up toward it's dorsal.   The overall quality of the fish out weighs the fault.  I haven't heard back from him about that fish.  I told him that I must have the Red Alanquer that he was holding in his hand  He says that I can't send him money until the fish are out of QT.

PaulineMi

Those Alanquers are gorgeous.

Are those Red Covers in the tank with the Alanquers?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Yes.  The Red Covers are very very nice, but what I want must have is a red eye.  IMO a Red Cover should have a red eye.  That's why I wonder if these may have been crossed to Red Whites.  That cross would give a different shade of red. It would go a long way in reducing bars.  But the red eye would be history.  I donno for sure, just lookiin' and thinkin' and takin' my best guess.

Mugwump

Did you get your new 'friends' in yet?..... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Yes, they arrived yesterday.  I'm very pleased with them.  I'll get pics posted in the next day or two.

Mugwump

Cool......if you're pleased, I'll bet they're 'beaut's'... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon