• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:12:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 168
Total: 168

Right on the Verge

Started by LizStreithorst, April 03, 2013, 08:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I need a few more days to make up my mind to go ahead with this, but I'm just about to try to purchase a group of Asian Red Covers.  They are not available this month at the size I want so they will have to be special ordered.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 03, 2013, 08:07:18 PM
I need a few more days to make up my mind to go ahead with this, but I'm just about to try to purchase a group of Asian Red Covers.  They are not available this month at the size I want so they will have to be special ordered.

Go for it !!!!....you know you want them... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It didn't take a few days.  I've made my first serious inquiry...to Mike.  He is the guy I'd most like to buy from.  If he tells me that he can't provide them by June I'll have to go to my second favorite importer who I'm sure can.

PaulineMi

Were you deciding between the San Merah and the Red Cover?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

San Merahs are apparently not available.  I looked high and low.  I'll go with Red Covers or some other type of brown based red. 

Frank The Plumber

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

PaulineMi

Frank, if you go to the link I posted and go about 1/3 down the page it shows the Red Cover discus.

http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php?topic=1002.0
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Frank The Plumber

I saw those thanks, that is a really nice thing to have. Those are hot looking fish.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

LizStreithorst

My plan is to get some German BDs to grow out and cross the two.  I'd like to develop a barless variety of the strain which is why I'd hoped to find San Merahs.

BallAquatics

No bars like this Liz?

According to Heiko Bleher, this was the 2nd placed in the category 'RED' at the Aquaria 2011 in Shanghai. It was a almost perfect fish, with excellent a form and size correct to its young age (8-9 month old).

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Yep, like that.  In reality they are more of a maroon red rather than an orange red.  The flash screws up the color.  I'm sure they're around here and there in Asia, but none are making it to the US.  The largest Asian importer has been looking for another guy who used to have them.  No luck.

b125killer

that's a pretty discus. I hope you find luck in obtaining one.
Scott

ilroost

Very nice looking discus. Are the ones with no bars more rare?

LizStreithorst

Barless brown based reds are impossible to find in the US.

Mugwump

Any news on finding what you want yet????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson