• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 09:07:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 534
Total: 534

Just wormed the fish.

Started by LizStreithorst, August 23, 2015, 07:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I hate treating but sometimes it's necessary.  I had to use a different wormer this time.  The stuff I used to use called Flubenol is no longer on the market.  It never was in the US, I bought it from the UK.  It was great.  It did the job and the fish didn't even notice that they were under treatment.  This time I used Levisol.  I used to use it with the goats.  It works very well, but you have to be careful with dosage.  I've read that that the fish will sometimes quit eating for a few days after treatment. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 23, 2015, 07:30:54 PM
I hate treating but sometimes it's necessary.  I had to use a different wormer this time.  The stuff I used to use called Flubenol is no longer on the market.  It never was in the US, I bought it from the UK.  It was great.  It did the job and the fish didn't even notice that they were under treatment.  This time I used Levisol.  I used to use it with the goats.  It works very well, but you have to be careful with dosage.  I've read that that the fish will sometimes quit eating for a few days after treatment.

try this guy.... 8)

http://www.inkmkr.com/Fish/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Yeah, he's a chemist.  He makes it himself.  I don't like him so I went with Levisol rather than buying from him.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 23, 2015, 07:41:23 PM
Yeah, he's a chemist.  He makes it himself.  I don't like him so I went with Levisol rather than buying from him.

okie dokie..........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You know how I am :-[  I've been told that I have mellowed, but I don't see it ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 23, 2015, 07:53:44 PM
You know how I am :-[  I've been told that I have mellowed, but I don't see it ;)

LOL................. w!w
Jon

Ron Sower

Liz, we love you, but I think you're as mellow as you're gonna get.  That's part of why we love you!!!   |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 24, 2015, 12:00:25 PM
Liz, we love you, but I think you're as mellow as you're gonna get.  That's part of why we love you!!!   |^|

Granny Clampett comes to mind.....but Liz is much better looking  w!w
Jon

LizStreithorst

Thank you for the compliments gentlemen :-*

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on August 24, 2015, 12:07:22 PM
.....but Liz is much better looking  w!w

Her meal plans sound much more appetizing too!   ;)

https://youtu.be/ohUYZB0ZCM8

Dennis

Mugwump

I never asking if she had one of those "ceement ponds"..... 8)
Jon

LizStreithorst

That song nails me, Dennis. I love the nasty bits.  Gizzards, yummm ;D 

No ceement pond for me.  I'd rather skinny dip in the river or the creek.  Well, not the creek so much because the little blue gill will nip at your privates.