• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 08:01:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 526
Total: 526

For Jan

Started by LizStreithorst, August 13, 2015, 08:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

He're mom and dad Dot.  The males really put on a display.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wiggs

Liz, They are really pretty fish. I can tell that you take good care of them as they look very healthy,eyes bright and very good color. The "Dots" have settled in and are eating everything Jon and I put in the tank. Jon and I will keep you up-dated on them so you can see how they grow and see if I also can get them to breed for me. I have never bred anything but Angels so this will be a learning experience for me.  I hope I do as good as you have done on them.   
Jan

PaulineMi

That is a nice male. It's really neat to watch them explore their surroundings with those ventral filaments.  Best of luck with yours Jan.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Jan!  I have bred these before but this is the first time I've caught them in the act!  It was was very cool and just as I had read, but seeing it myself for the first time was exciting.

I got home from work and fed the fish.  I sat in front of the Dot's tank and saw that there were tiny clear balls among the duckweed and that Dad Dot was busy on the top in one corner of the tank behind some floating plants.  I knew that they'd spawned.  Them mamma Dot swam from the opposite lower side to dad Dot and kissed his side over and over.  It seemed more demanding than loving.  Then he did the same to her.  Next thing I knew He had wrapped her in an embrace and soon she let loose a bunch of tiny clear balls.  She went back to her corner as dad scooped them up and spit them out among the duck weed.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 14, 2015, 02:57:04 PM
Jan!  I have bred these before but this is the first time I've caught them in the act!  It was was very cool and just as I had read, but seeing it myself for the first time was exciting.

I got home from work and fed the fish.  I sat in front of the Dot's tank and saw that there were tiny clear balls among the duckweed and that Dad Dot was busy on the top in one corner of the tank behind some floating plants.  I knew that they'd spawned.  Them mamma Dot swam from the opposite lower side to dad Dot and kissed his side over and over.  It seemed more demanding than loving.  Then he did the same to her.  Next thing I knew He had wrapped her in an embrace and soon she let loose a bunch of tiny clear balls.  She went back to her corner as dad scooped them up and spit them out among the duck weed.

...cool.....can't wait for our turn... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson