• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 07:11:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,359
  • Total Topics: 18,544
  • Online today: 779
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 746
Total: 746

So is Liz going to....

Started by Mugwump, July 18, 2013, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I tried last week end, but they weren't in the mood to cooperate for the camera.  I'll take some this weekend.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Cool....they coloring up well??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

About what I expect at this age.  At this age you look mostly for shape.  There are too few fish in the tank to cull for anything but "butt ugly"  and runts of which there were three..  They like a large group of friends.   I'm not ready to kill the ones I know won't make the cut because of shape.

Their growth is a little slower than I'm used to, but the eye to body ratio is excellent which means they are just slower growing not stunted.  Could be because they're F2 wild caught.  This is my first experience with fish from wild blood.  I can see that their parents have not yet reached their full size.

LizStreithorst

Go figure.  They just decided to pose!

Mugwump

Nice, very nice....good job...what are you feeding now?...the parents are F2's ??...then these are F3's, right?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Right now they bet BBS first thing in the morning, a big blob of live CBWs before I leave for work (gives them something to graze on all day),  more bbs and a cube of my turkey mix in the afternoon, and pellets after WC.

Parents are F1's  These are F2s.

Mugwump

F2's, that's great stock to work with....nice I've noticed that with angels the F3 generations are when they really start to sparkle....seems like the genes settle in for their new non-wild environment.
Jon

LizStreithorst

That's good to know, Mug.  Thanks.

LizStreithorst

I don't know if y'all can see it, but I can.  The little darlin's are starting to color up.  Look hard and you can see the red coming in in the middle of the body.

Mugwump

Growing nicely... ;D..........good pic
Jon

PaulineMi

I can see the red coming in. They sure are growing nicely.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

They are growing slowly, but as long as they grow and the eye to body ratio is OK I'm fine with it.  Some people on Simply who know wild Discus told me that it's normal for them to grow more slowly than the ones that have been domestically bred for ever and ever.

LizStreithorst

I haven't taken pics of them in a while.  Look how they've grown and colored up.

Mugwump

Pretty bunch there.....nice job of raising them. ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Lovely group of youngsters Liz.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)