• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 10:41:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 434
Total: 434

Taking Tink to the Vet

Started by LizStreithorst, March 14, 2016, 11:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

She started coughing last night and coughed all night long.  I doubt that it's kennel cough.  I think it's her heart.  Appt. is 4 this afternoon.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 14, 2016, 11:36:38 AM
She started coughing last night and coughed all night long.  I doubt that it's kennel cough.  I think it's her heart.  Appt. is 4 this afternoon.

I hope all goes well Liz.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 14, 2016, 11:36:38 AM

Get well. Tink...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The dang dog is fine.  Heart worm negative, and intentional worm negative.  Her heart sounds just fine.  I don't know why she hacked and coughed all night long and some today and hacked up phlegm all over the house. but she is fine.  It was wonderful seeing my friends I used to work with.  The piece of mind about my dog and having the chance to see the vets I worked with for so long give them a bit of a hard time for fun was way worth the $83.50 I spent.  I found out that Lowell, the guy who spent 4 hrs helping me get my horse back in is famous on facebook.  He rescued horses from being drowned when it flooded down this way.  I'm glad that he is getting a moment of fame.  He deserves it.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 14, 2016, 06:06:22 PM
The dang dog is fine.  Heart worm negative, and intentional worm negative.  Her heart sounds just fine.  I don't know why she hacked and coughed all night long and some today and hacked up phlegm all over the house. but she is fine.  It was wonderful seeing my friends I used to work with.  The piece of mind about my dog and having the chance to see the vets I worked with for so long give them a bit of a hard time for fun was way worth the $83.50 I spent.  I found out that Lowell, the guy who spent 4 hrs helping me get my horse back in is famous on facebook.  He rescued horses from being drowned when it flooded down this way.  I'm glad that he is getting a moment of fame.  He deserves it.
]

..good to know that Tink's ok.......?intentional worm?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

;D ;D ;D Another of my faults is that I make typos.  All I care about is that my little dog is fine when I feared congestive heart failure.  She's right her by my side, which is unusual for her.  She's very independent.  I sometimes call her my cat dog. 

She just had another little cough but it was nothing.  The vet put her on tetracycline just in case this is kennel cough.  If it is, I'll know soon enough because I have 6 other dogs.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 14, 2016, 06:53:22 PM
;D ;D ;D Another of my faults is that I make typos.  All I care about is that my little dog is fine when I feared congestive heart failure.  She's right her by my side, which is unusual for her.  She's very independent.  I sometimes call her my cat dog. 

She just had another little cough but it was nothing.  The vet put her on tetracycline just in case this is kennel cough.  If it is, I'll know soon enough because I have 6 other dogs.

We took Heidi in the other day with a 'chesty' cough....she has mild bronchitis ....figures tho, she's always sleeping on the cool tile by the front door...and lays on the cold deck when outside.......just likes the cold spots??????....we're thinking the weather change to more damp weather too.....goofy dog, but we love her... |^|
Jon

Charlotte

Who knows, there may be some minor thing going around in the canine world.  It happens, you know.  The same thing happens in humans.  The minor things only take out the weakest.
Keep on Truckin'

LizStreithorst

Charlotte has a big mouth.  She must be high on a full tank of gas ::)  She spoke for me.  How dare her!  At least she got everything right. 

Mugwump

Quote from: Charlotte on March 14, 2016, 07:37:33 PM
Who knows, there may be some minor thing going around in the canine world.  It happens, you know.  The same thing happens in humans.  The minor things only take out the weakest.

Only thing is, Heidi isn't around other dogs......???
Jon

LizStreithorst

These things are airborne.  Surely there are other dogs in the neighborhood.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 14, 2016, 07:55:44 PM
These things are airborne.  Surely there are other dogs in the neighborhood.

yup....airborne?.....hmmm....always a breeze here, the junk could blow in from anywhere I guess...?
Jon

LizStreithorst

All I know is that I was worried about by dog because she is old and was hacking up white foam all over the house all night long.  She hid and shivered this morning but by afternoon she was better but still coughed some.  I say that it was some 24 hr bug that she picked up because she was susceptible to is for some reason. I don't know if Tink had what Heidi had.  I am not a veterinarian.  I have just worked with them.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 14, 2016, 08:23:40 PM
All I know is that I was worried about by dog because she is old and was hacking up white foam all over the house all night long.  She hid and shivered this morning but by afternoon she was better but still coughed some.  I say that it was some 24 hr bug that she picked up because she was susceptible to is for some reason. I don't know if Tink had what Heidi had.  I am not a veterinarian.  I have just worked with them.

Heidi's 13 now, no spring chicken either........she's on antibiotics for two weeks....the cough is getting a bit better tho....we're hoping that they do the trick..
Jon

LizStreithorst

What antibiotic is she on?  Did your vet tell you what he thought was the reason for her coughing?  My vet didn't know but put Tink on tetracycline which works for kennel cough just in case.  If it is a new strain of kennel cough it will run it's course in 2 to 3 week's time.  If Heidi is still coughing after 2 weeks you should get a second opinion.