• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 05:04:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 509
Total: 509

Humming Birds

Started by LizStreithorst, March 29, 2015, 05:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've been having hummer wars.  Finally I have seen my first female.  She's a lucky lady.  She has her choice of many many fellas.  Good for her!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 29, 2015, 05:55:00 PM
I've been having hummer wars.  Finally I have seen my first female.  She's a lucky lady.  She has her choice of many many fellas.  Good for her!

Are you saying that she's a loose hummer hussy ???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Absolutely not!  She came here amid all these males so she could choose the best from among them.  Sure she's horney.  It's that time of year.  This female wants to look over all the prospective mates over and pick the best.  Face it guys.  All males want to.  It's the females that do the choosing :o

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 29, 2015, 06:27:35 PM
Absolutely not!  She came here amid all these males so she could choose the best from among them.  Sure she's horney.  It's that time of year.  This female wants to look over all the prospective mates over and pick the best.  Face it guys.  All males want to.  It's the females that do the choosing :o

I don't about all males.....??....guys can be pretty picky who we hum with too... ;D....you know, she could be a lady hummer with zits or something??......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You crack me up, Mug.  But face it.  When young and of perfect breeding age, males are less selective than females.

At the feeder she looked rather plump.  My bet is that the deed has been done and nesting will begin soon.  Even if she had zits there were a bunch of males yearning for her...the lone female

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 29, 2015, 06:44:13 PM
You crack me up, Mug.  But face it.  When young and of perfect breeding age, males are less selective than females.

At the feeder she looked rather plump.  My bet is that the deed has been done and nesting will begin soon.  Even if she had zits there were a bunch of males yearning for her...the lone female.

I don't know about that....did she have a sack over her head??...... :o
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quit messin' with me, Mug :P  No way that female needed to put a bag over her head.  She's a fine female.  We can agree to disagree.  I say it's the female who choses.  Ask Jan.  Let's see what she says.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 29, 2015, 06:55:29 PM
Quit messin' with me, Mug :P  No way that female needed to put a bag over her head.  She's a fine female.  We can agree to disagree.  I say it's the female who choses.  Ask Jan.  Let's see what she says.

Already did....she said it was my good looks, and dynamic personality, that wooed her over...plus, I'm a romantic fella....... ;D...despite all that, we agreed that we chose each other.....without a feeder too... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

....and I can cook too... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Choosing each other is the best way. 

I've seen some of the stuff you eat.  I do not belive that you can cook. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 29, 2015, 07:41:55 PM
Choosing each other is the best way. 

I've seen some of the stuff you eat.  I do not belive that you can cook.

I don't cook fast food......period.....those are just 'while out' treats...LOL....everyone's got a vice
Jon

LizStreithorst

Point taken.  God knows, I have more than one vice.  We need them.  After all, we're just human.

Ron Sower

I'm ::) guessing this thread is no longer about humming birds!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 30, 2015, 11:50:43 AM

Why yes it is.....what makes you think that it's not....LOL
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on March 30, 2015, 12:58:31 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on March 30, 2015, 11:50:43 AM

Why yes it is.....what makes you think that it's not....LOL
I don't know. I must be reading something into it. Either that, or I'm just plain crazy!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron