• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 06:50:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 474
Total: 475

And Cha Cha makes ten

Started by LizStreithorst, May 08, 2017, 05:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I wasn't wanting another.  I got what I wanted when I rescued Bruno.  But when God sends you a dog, can you say no?

Her name is Cha Cha.  I have to say, her name suites her.  She is 2 or 3 years old and full of life.  She belonged to Mrs. Delk, my old lady.  Her husband found her lost, wondering down the street.  He stopped to check out the poor little lost black dog.  He bathed her and whacked off some matted hair and she turned into a white dog!  He thought that she was a Poodle with a long tail but after I groomed her I could tell that she was a Malti-Poo.  I don't like that cross because they have always had the intelligence of a Maltese and a coat will turn into a mat is you look at it wrong.  Cha Cha has the brain of a Poodle and she looks good in a short poodle cut.  She was Mr. Delk's favorite.  La La, their Poodle was Mrs. Delk's dog.  Then Mr. Delk up and died unexpectedly.

Mrs. Delk said that the two little dogs were too much for her and she wanted to find Cha Cha a home.  I offered to take her because I had not yet discovered Bruno.  She said that she wanted to give her to someone who would be home all the time, and I work.  Finally she found the perfect couple who wanted her.  After a few weeks it was obvious that she made a mistake.  The new owner's husband went to work off shore.  The wife had bladder surgery and was in a lot of pain.  Cha Cha started chewing up stuff in the house.  Any idiot would know why.  The little dog was in a strange place.  Nothing was stable.  She wasn't getting any attention so she tried to get attention by chewing stuff up.  So Cha Cha came up for adoption again.  Mrs. Delk told me, I said that I'd take her.  This time I was good enough.

Her new owner will deliver her to my  shop tomorrow morning.  Bruno needs a young friend to play with.  Cha Cha likes to play but she's going to have to teach him how to play gently since she's smaller.  She can do it.  They're both smart and they both speak "dog".  I'll be taking them both to work with me for a week or so.  Bruno needs to get over his fear of the unknown and Cha Cha needs to be with me huh

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

....somehow I doubt that Cha Cha will be the last one.......you have a good soul, Liz
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

Good for cha cha and you to sounds like she stumbled into a good house
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on May 08, 2017, 06:56:44 PM
....somehow I doubt that Cha Cha will be the last one.......you have a good soul, Liz

10 is my limit.  I only have enough love for 10.  God knows.  He won't send me another.

Ron Sower

Liz, you are just a good-hearted woman loving a good timing bunch of dogs!
(did Waylon sing that one?)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

She's home.  She doesn't leave my side.  She jumped up on my desk chair and is sleeping contentedly behind my butt.  She is so sweet!

The previous owner delivered her to my shop this morning.  She needed a groom so once I was done with my paying customers I did her.  The minute I put her in the tub and turned on the water she started drinking bath tub water.  She drank, and drank, and drank, and drank, and drank.  I put her in a cage to air dry a bit and thought that if she was that thirsty she might be hungry, too.  I grabbed a small handful of her food and put it in the cage with her.  She ate it.  When I finished her groom I gave her a large handful of food and she ate that, too!  The poor little thing was thirsty and hungry!  What kind of person leaves a dog unfed and without free access to water?

I walked to the mechanic's to pick up Charlotte and left Cha Cha loose in the shop.  When I got back there was a very small puddle of pee on the floor and it was dark orange...way to concentrated than normal pee.  She was actually dehydrated! 

She's had quite a day.  She's exhausted.  If I'll snap a pic of her tomorrow.  She's a pretty little thing.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 09, 2017, 04:36:54 PM
She's home.  She doesn't leave my side.  She jumped up on my desk chair and is sleeping contentedly behind my butt.  She is so sweet!

The previous owner delivered her to my shop this morning.  She needed a groom so once I was done with my paying customers I did her.  The minute I put her in the tub and turned on the water she started drinking bath tub water.  She drank, and drank, and drank, and drank, and drank.  I put her in a cage to air dry a bit and thought that if she was that thirsty she might be hungry, too.  I grabbed a small handful of her food and put it in the cage with her.  She ate it.  When I finished her groom I gave her a large handful of food and she ate that, too!  The poor little thing was thirsty and hungry!  What kind of person leaves a dog unfed and without free access to water?

I walked to the mechanic's to pick up Charlotte and left Cha Cha loose in the shop.  When I got back there was a very small puddle of pee on the floor and it was dark orange...way to concentrated than normal pee.  She was actually dehydrated! 

She's had quite a day.  She's exhausted.  If I'll snap a pic of her tomorrow.  She's a pretty little thing.

....sounds like she found you just in time.....lucky girl.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Wishing you and Cha Cha the best Liz.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

You have saved another dog life Liz.  Hope to see a pic soon, and of Bruno too!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Here she is.

PaulineMi

My first post read in too long of a time. What a great one to start eith. Cha Cha is adorable and very lucky you took her in. Nice Liz.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

I've missed you, Pauline.  Welcome back.

Ron Sower

She's a cute dog.... |^|

Welcome back, Pauline. Where you been?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...cute pup, did she drink all that beer?..... huh

My folks had a toy poodle named 'seppi'.....smart dogs...smelly farts....damn French....
Jon

Mugwump

....nice to see you pop in Pauline... :)

Jon