• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 06:26:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 772
Total: 772

Happy Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, October 24, 2023, 05:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all well. I've been busy the last few days so I haven't been able to get on my PC much to post. I hate posting from my phone because of my fat fingers and lousy vision. Otherwise all is well here.

It was a cold 36 degrees when I got up this morning and we are currently at 38 degrees and getting up to a sweltering 68F this afternoon. We have a heat wave coming through later in the week that will get us up to high temps in the 80s.

I have an appointment with the cardiologist this morning to go over the results of my tests. I looked at them on the portal and from what I see they appear to be normal. He may adjust some of my medication because of my blood pressure which runs high. High BP runs in my family.

Kobe is happy and hanging in there and the remaining fish are doing well (especially the Discus) so we are in good shape here.

Wish you all a great day and I'll check back in later after my appointment.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon Willie, you sweet man.  Know what?  I just now saw the PM you sent me back on the 4th!  Dennis, if you read this, it is way too easy to overlook PM's. 

I made a long post yesterday.  Then, I accidently pressed Preview rather than Post.

We re still in lovely fall weather here but still not a drop of rain in sight.  The dogs and I make the loop around the neighborbhood every morning.  One day last week I saw a neighbor taking his failing privacy fence down so he could replace it with a decent chain link fence. he offered to give me the posts and deliver them for me!  I've been needing some 8' posts for the 7' deer fence I want to encircle my garden with once it rains and the ground softens.  Later, I saw him in his back yard grooming his brown Standard Poodle puppy.  I was able to help them by giving them some of my blades. It was yesterday when I finally got around to positioning the posts for later planting.  God knows if I'll ever finish this garden project before I die, but I'm working on it little by little.

Yesterday on my scoot with the dogs I went a different way.  I hadn't gone down that road because it's long and bumpy and there are 2 cattle gaps along the way.  The the cattle gabs had filled in over time so I was able to get over them.  Along the side of the road in the pasture was a beaufitul clump of wild Asters.  Today I took down some stakes to mark it with so my single minded neighbor, Shawn, doesn't mow it down when he bushhogs.

My baby Discus are3 days old today.  They've finally grown enough for me to see them from where I sit on the sofa.  I'm in love with them as well as their dad who is the perfect doting father.

And that, I guess brings you up to date.  Time for horse lunch, my lunch and my drugs.  Y'all take care.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz! How did your Dr. visit go Willie?  Hope well. Also similar temps here.  40 this morning, 80 by afternoon. Sweater and long pants in morning, shorts and tshirt by afternoon.  I am hoping for a long Fall and late short Winter.  Sure hope it happens.

Liz, glad you are scooting around and keeping busy outside for a change. Be careful though. Is it true that standard poodles are amongst the smartest of dogs, right up there with Australian shepherds? Someone told me this recently.  Good luck with those discus fry!

See you all here tomorrow, have a good eve!
Barb