• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 12:41:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 547
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 549
Total: 549

Sunday Morn'n...

Started by Mugwump, July 24, 2016, 06:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 24, 2016, 12:35:59 PM
Good morning here and afternoon out there in the east, folks!  Slept in this morning and it felt so good..! The yard sale ended great yesterday...we doubled what I was shooting for for the weekend!!  Woohoo...!  ;D

BUT THE BIG THING WAS.....................................

WE HAVE A BUYER FOR OUR HOUSE..!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

We don't even have it on the market yet...!  A couple was down at our friends at their sale and saying they were going to go down the hill today to meet the agent that has a house for sale and sign the papers on it..(an extremely overpriced house at that). Our friends, Gary -who used to be my showing agent, told them to look at our house. They came up, I took them in showed them everything and Ka-BAMMMM...!  they said they would buy it!!!

We'll talk again today and start ironing out details.  This will take a big weight off our shoulders!!!  |^|

It's nice to get up today and not have to rush for anything. We're going to Lake Washington to day to celebrate one of our friends 75thb-day. That will be relaxing. THE SUN IS OUT ALL DAY!!! |^|...and we'll get into the high 70s..low 80s.... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Okay, Ron....relax...you're getting to giddy-headed!! 8)

...BOOMBA !!!.....now that makes a great day !!!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 24, 2016, 12:35:59 PM
Good morning here and afternoon out there in the east, folks!  Slept in this morning and it felt so good..! The yard sale ended great yesterday...we doubled what I was shooting for for the weekend!!  Woohoo...!  ;D

BUT THE BIG THING WAS.....................................

WE HAVE A BUYER FOR OUR HOUSE..!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

We don't even have it on the market yet...!  A couple was down at our friends at their sale and saying they were going to go down the hill today to meet the agent that has a house for sale and sign the papers on it..(an extremely overpriced house at that). Our friends, Gary -who used to be my showing agent, told them to look at our house. They came up, I took them in showed them everything and Ka-BAMMMM...!  they said they would buy it!!!

We'll talk again today and start ironing out details.  This will take a big weight off our shoulders!!!  |^|

It's nice to get up today and not have to rush for anything. We're going to Lake Washington to day to celebrate one of our friends 75thb-day. That will be relaxing. THE SUN IS OUT ALL DAY!!! |^|...and we'll get into the high 70s..low 80s.... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Okay, Ron....relax...you're getting to giddy-headed!! 8)

Wow Ron. Congratulations on the sale.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Get as giddy headed as you like. Ron.  I know from Barb what a huge weight is to have a house that won't sell.  Her's was because everyone moving to her area wanted brand new, small and close together.  She and Bill had a lovely place with two acres.  Some folks in California stumbled across her house on the internet.  They wanted elbow room.  BOOM...SOLD!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

What you say is right, Liz. Every house has a buyer...It just needs to find that buyer...eventually forces or actions in the universe bring the buyer to the house...then it becomes a home again!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Imagine this...Since I did the PP I've had 4 pairs spawn.  Most are Angles in big tanks whose kids I don't need, but still...Still nothing but flirting from the Discus so far.

I've always felt that a PP treatment made the fish feel better.  One guy on Simply once told me that he PP'd every month because it made the fish feel better.  I don't agree with that but it has been several years since I've PP'd.  I figured it couldn't hurt.  I did PraziPro once which is supposed to get tapes and flukes.  The fish passed no tapes.  I had seen no evidence of flukes.  The treatment was a huge PITA for nothing.  The PP only takes 4 hrs.  Even if nothing seem to be wrong with the fish, they feel better after treatment.  You can see it.  I have no idea what magic this strong Oxidizer has in it, but I won's go without using it for years ever again.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 24, 2016, 02:29:36 PM
Imagine this...Since I did the PP I've had 4 pairs spawn.  Most are Angles in big tanks whose kids I don't need, but still...Still nothing but flirting from the Discus so far.

I've always felt that a PP treatment made the fish feel better.  One guy on Simply once told me that he PP'd every month because it made the fish feel better.  I don't agree with that but it has been several years since I've PP'd.  I figured it couldn't hurt.  I did PraziPro once which is supposed to get tapes and flukes.  The fish passed no tapes.  I had seen no evidence of flukes.  The treatment was a huge PITA for nothing.  The PP only takes 4 hrs.  Even if nothing seem to be wrong with the fish, they feel better after treatment.  You can see it.  I have no idea what magic this strong Oxidizer has in it, but I won's go without using it for years ever again.

What's your dosing procedure?....amount of PP too.....just curious..    When I returned stateside to Ft. Carson....I soaked my feet in PP daily for about a week....made my feet purple....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 24, 2016, 09:07:59 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on July 24, 2016, 06:46:35 AM

While feeding this morning (a little late) I noticed a little growth (lump) on my male breeder Koi. I will wait until breakfast is over before I try to catch him for a closer inspection. It could be fungus from an injury. huh

Looks like the pair may have had a little squabble. A couple of missing scales but all is fine now. mim mim mim
Willie

LizStreithorst

I don't do it according to directions.  The weighting and dosing is over my head.  It involves simple math.  I've always done it by color.  I make the tank dark pink, not quite purple.  I keep an eye on the fish for the entire 4 hours on and off.  I've never seen a fish stressed by it but if you overdoes it can kill your fish.  It oxidizes everything organic, so you should watch the fish.  When 4 hrs is up I deactivate the PP with H2O2.  You have to be careful with it, too as H2O2 can also harm the fish.  Be sure you stir it in well and you should do with the PP  After the PP, when the water changes from  like pink to light brown do a nice WC.

This only works in BB tanks without gravel or plants.  Sorry to you gravel, planted folks.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 24, 2016, 03:03:58 PM
I don't do it according to directions.  The weighting and dosing is over my head.  It involves simple math.  I've always done it by color.  I make the tank dark pink, not quite purple.  I keep an eye on the fish for the entire 4 hours on and off.  I've never seen a fish stressed by it but if you overdoes it can kill your fish.  It oxidizes everything organic, so you should watch the fish.  When 4 hrs is up I deactivate the PP with H2O2.  You have to be careful with it, too as H2O2 can also harm the fish.  Be sure you stir it in well and you should do with the PP  After the PP, when the water changes from  like pink to light brown do a nice WC.

This only works in BB tanks without gravel or plants.  Sorry to you gravel, planted folks.

At the moment all but 2 of my tanks are bb. mim mim mim
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 24, 2016, 03:03:58 PM

...so aren't you really treating the tank, not the fish..?
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm treating the fish and the tank.  Before treating you must do a though wipe down, a light sponge squeeze, and a large very large WC.  If your tank isn't clean enough the treated water will turn brown before 4 hrs.  If that happens your tank isn't clean enough.  The water needs to stay deep pink for 4 hrs if you are to treat the fish.

Willie, If you want to try it once shoot me a PM.  I know a guy who sells an amount small enough to treat 2,000 gallons more or less for $5.00 including shipping.

wallace

Maybe there are a few gill flukes, and the PP gets rid of them??

Do you move the filter to a bucket or to another tank for the 4 hours to protect the bio?
Dan

LizStreithorst

Leave the sponge in, but give it one squeeze in declorinated water if it's very dirty.  Actually need to turn the air up when you treat with PP if you can.  Any tank under treatment with anything should have more air.