• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 08:44:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 620
Total: 620

Sunday Morn'n...

Started by Mugwump, July 24, 2016, 06:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...another even hotter day here..... wfwf....but the coffee is so very good...another day of just putz'n, too hot and muggy to do much outside...storms rolled through again last night, so we have a bit of steamy fog out there at the moment.....maybe this hot front will move on eventually  huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great here again. Supposed to be a better day today. Temps still high but the humidity is down quite a bit.

Just some putzing today. I did most of my fishroom work yesterday but I am sure I'll find something else to do down there.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 24, 2016, 06:46:35 AM
Coffee is great here again. Supposed to be a better day today. Temps still high but the humidity is down quite a bit.

Just some putzing today. I did most of my fishroom work yesterday but I am sure I'll find something else to do down there.

....coffee..tunes...putz'n....makes a fine day  8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Great coffee. I'm really enjoying it.

Today will be our third day in a row doing nothing. We just ended a grueling schedule of markets and festivals. All in 90 plus heat.

We did have a cool thing happen during the Elkhorn Rib Fest. A guy stopped at our booth and was torn between two planters. I told him I'd give him a good deal on both of them. He was happy. Then, he said " You gave me a good deal. Let me do something back for you". He hands me a business card. Turns out he's the president of Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce. He goes on to say David Raymond signs a few bottles of sauce every year. I'll get him to sign one for you. You will be getting a package next week. We did.

LizStreithorst

Did wipe downs and gave the fish a PP treatment last night.  I was seeing no symptoms but thought it would be a good idea because my Discus tanks were at 78 and 79 degrees for so long, and since I never treat one tank without treating them all I did the whole fish room.

Nothing exciting to do today.  Just the mountain of mostly dog laundry and cleaning the filthy house.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on July 24, 2016, 07:23:22 AM
Great coffee. I'm really enjoying it.

Today will be our third day in a row doing nothing. We just ended a grueling schedule of markets and festivals. All in 90 plus heat.

We did have a cool thing happen during the Elkhorn Rib Fest. A guy stopped at our booth and was torn between two planters. I told him I'd give him a good deal on both of them. He was happy. Then, he said " You gave me a good deal. Let me do something back for you". He hands me a business card. Turns out he's the president of Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce. He goes on to say David Raymond signs a few bottles of sauce every year. I'll get him to sign one for you. You will be getting a package next week. We did.

....now that's nice !!!..we luv SBR's BBQ sauce and use it all the time..... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 24, 2016, 07:30:58 AM
Did wipe downs and gave the fish a PP treatment last night.  I was seeing no symptoms but thought it would be a good idea because my Discus tanks were at 78 and 79 degrees for so long, and since I never treat one tank without treating them all I did the whole fish room.

Nothing exciting to do today.  Just the mountain of mostly dog laundry and cleaning the filthy house.

...sometimes an ounce of prevention way beats the cure.... |^|

...no puppy laundry here for a bit yet, tho we did clean the blankets and crate already....we're ready for the little gal....yup!
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 24, 2016, 06:46:35 AM

While feeding this morning (a little late) I noticed a little growth (lump) on my male breeder Koi. I will wait until breakfast is over before I try to catch him for a closer inspection. It could be fungus from an injury. huh
Willie

Mugwump

....I'm putz'n with a 55 leaker that happened the other day....got it drained down past the leak seam now tho....repair or replace????   
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 24, 2016, 09:34:31 AM
....I'm putz'n with a 55 leaker that happened the other day....got it drained down past the leak seam now tho....repair or replace????

Wow. The Petco Dollar Per Gallon sale just finished on the 16th.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 24, 2016, 09:42:42 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 24, 2016, 09:34:31 AM

Wow. The Petco Dollar Per Gallon sale just finished on the 16th.

I know.... wfwf.....I have a 50 tall out back that I could toss in there............maybe....kinda....???
Jon

LizStreithorst

Dang, Somehow I managed to hurt my back yesterday.  I knew that it was a bit aching last night.  I should have taken an Aleve then but I thought a hot bath would fix it.  I took a pill this morning.  It keeps on not working.  So...I do a little bit of stuff then sit for a while, then to a bit of stuff, then sit.  All the laundry's hung out except the comforter and the bed sheets.  Dishes all washed.  Sitting on my butt now for a while.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 24, 2016, 09:57:12 AM
Dang, Somehow I managed to hurt my back yesterday.  I knew that it was a bit aching last night.  I should have taken an Aleve then but I thought a hot bath would fix it.  I took a pill this morning.  It keeps on not working.  So...I do a little bit of stuff then sit for a while, then to a bit of stuff, then sit.  All the laundry's hung out except the comforter and the bed sheets.  Dishes all washed.  Sitting on my butt now for a while.

...take it slow there, Liz......I have a finicky back at times also.....so I know the drill.....ouch, I feel for ya....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 24, 2016, 09:59:43 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 24, 2016, 09:57:12 AM

...take it slow there, Liz......I have a finicky back at times also.....so I know the drill.....ouch, I feel for ya....

Yes take it easy Liz. I too have back issues. You'd be surprised how simple things for most people will aggravate it even more. I hope you get over it soon.
Willie

Ron Sower

Good morning here and afternoon out there in the east, folks!  Slept in this morning and it felt so good..! The yard sale ended great yesterday...we doubled what I was shooting for for the weekend!!  Woohoo...!  ;D

BUT THE BIG THING WAS.....................................

WE HAVE A BUYER FOR OUR HOUSE..!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

We don't even have it on the market yet...!  A couple was down at our friends at their sale and saying they were going to go down the hill today to meet the agent that has a house for sale and sign the papers on it..(an extremely overpriced house at that). Our friends, Gary -who used to be my showing agent, told them to look at our house. They came up, I took them in showed them everything and Ka-BAMMMM...!  they said they would buy it!!!

We'll talk again today and start ironing out details.  This will take a big weight off our shoulders!!!  |^|

It's nice to get up today and not have to rush for anything. We're going to Lake Washington to day to celebrate one of our friends 75thb-day. That will be relaxing. THE SUN IS OUT ALL DAY!!! |^|...and we'll get into the high 70s..low 80s.... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Okay, Ron....relax...you're getting to giddy-headed!! 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron