• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 10:16:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 526
Total: 528

Wednesday's coffee gab session--->

Started by Mugwump, July 20, 2016, 06:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....what a way to start the morn'n....a superb hot cup of coffee...MMMMmmmmMMMMm  ;D

Another 'severe heat alert' day for us here....the really bad stuff comes in tomorrow....upper 90's, heat index 110-114deg's....a hunker down day for sure...this is the deadly heat...

..just a few early errands then to batten the hatches for the rest of the week..... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

It's a great morning and the coffee is delicious. The weather will be awesome here today. Sunny, mid 80s and very low humidity.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Tomorrow on the other hand begins the start of heat wave # 4. When I first got here we actually had only 1 day over 90 all summer. I thought that was great. It's been much hotter every summer since. Not complaining though. |^|

I will be spending most of today outside. Doing what? I am not sure. That's what I like about being retired. I can do anything at anytime. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

+1.  Yup.....and even stop when ya want too. LOL
Jon

BallAquatics

Morning Jon & Willie.  It's really NOT been unbearable here, but I still get up and outside around 6:00am to do my outside work before the heat sets in.  Cleaned the front porch awhile back and had about a gazillion clay pots that needed washing.  All done and nested neatly back on the porch.

Even had time to scrub a few tanks I had setting out for just that purpose and re-claimed some glass from a broken 10 gallon.  2 or 3 hours tomorrow morning and everything should be spic & span once again  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

...back from errands now.....we are fully stocked with raspberry and orange cremesicles..... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

hatches are battened for the day.... ;D
Jon

ilroost

HOLY HADES!! It was hot the last 2 days. Bet I lost 20 pounds. Not that it hurt me any to lose a couple pounds

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on July 20, 2016, 05:17:41 PM
HOLY HADES!! It was hot the last 2 days. Bet I lost 20 pounds. Not that it hurt me any to lose a couple pounds

...I agree....hot/muggy......next couple days will be worse too....
Jon

LizStreithorst

It poured down rain this afternoon in Ellisville.  It cooled it off a good deal.  When I got home, just 12 miles down the road we had only gotten some drops of rain.  Still got cooler, though.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Another long day here and just getting to the forum. I miss the morning session I usually spend on here.

Had a little computer time in this morning to get some things dealt with for our daughter's home purchase. Then it was carry out to the carport and put more items on the tables set up on the carport and price them for the community yard sale Fri and Sat.  Then go pick up the new cargo trailer, get to the office to rent a space out back in the RV storage lot, and then back to the house to do more pricing and placing.

A little happy hour at 530 at a friend's place then off to dinner at Taco Time.  Then home to crash and vegetate with the screen. Now to bed...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..that's a busy day.....remember to get some rest so you don't burn out....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 21, 2016, 04:39:11 AM
..that's a busy day.....remember to get some rest so you don't burn out....

I'm trying to figure out how to do that...!!!!   wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron