• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 12:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 571
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 573
Total: 573

Friday's lazy coffee..

Started by Mugwump, July 15, 2016, 06:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...slept hard again...ZZZzzzz....and the coffee is very, very good this morn'n.... |^|

..a nice cooler day for us here, in the low 70's.....it's a welcome relief before the extreme heat sets in next week.....matter of fact, just took a pause here and went and opened all the windows...AC's off..... ;D

..couple early errands, then perhaps we'll scope out a few garage sales..??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Slept good and hard but not long. Coffee is great. It is going to be HHH again today. It's OK I have a lot of inside work to do today. I will begin shampooing my carpets (1 room a day) and do some putzing in the fishroom. mim

One of Kobe's running buddies is going down for the count this weekend (Kidney failure at 6 yrs. old). A female mini Schnauzer (Molly). He's going to miss her but it appears like he already knows. He's been very gentle with her and they spar all the time. Older couple and I can't help but feel very bad/sad for them. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 15, 2016, 07:26:27 AM
Slept good and hard but not long. Coffee is great. It is going to be HHH again today. It's OK I have a lot of inside work to do today. I will begin shampooing my carpets (1 room a day) and do some putzing in the fishroom. mim

One of Kobe's running buddies is going down for the count this weekend (Kidney failure at 6 yrs. old). A female mini Schnauzer (Molly). He's going to miss her but it appears like he already knows. He's been very gentle with her and they spar all the time. Older couple and I can't help but feel very bad/sad for them. huh

...that's sad.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...well into Pot #2....it's time to get my butt in gear and run a couple errands.... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

...errands be gone...LOL....
Jon

Ron Sower

... Morning all....

...Spent all yesterday cleaning house until back and knee just couldn't do it anymore... wfwf

...this morning got up a little after 7...good cup of coffee...showered (whew!) then ran the wet Swiffer over the floors....yesterday I cleaned up a lot of little paint specks from the trimwork I did....

....heading out in a bit to pick up VA cousins at Seatac airport...then we may go on into Seattle for some touristy stuff...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...have some fun....you've earned a break from the monotony of all the moving chores... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

It was a busy and fun visit. I haven't spent much time with my cousin, especially as adults, and no time with him and his wife together. What a blast we had!

We went into Seattle to the Chihuly Glass Garden after we picked them up at the airport, then on over to West Seattle and Alki beach for the view back over to Seattle and lunch at Spud Fish & Chips....always a winner for our visitors....then Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner.   Saturday we toured Gig Harbor...lunch at The Tides Tavern.....the off to the Tacoma Pt. Defiance with Owen beach. That evening had the BIG diner at The Lobster Shop...a fancy place. Sunday was just hang around the house, play cards and drink a few lavender martinis...oh and laugh out loud a lot!!!  Yesterday the gals went shopping and Tim and I went on the Cowlitz River fishing for Steelhead with our guide and another friend and his 10 yr old son. I hooked the first one and handed it to Tim to land. Took awhile and he, being a largemouth bass fisherman, loved the fight these fish put up. Ended up with 3 in the boat...my buddy caught the other 2. Hid son got to help him land the second one. It's quite an experience.  We grilled half the fish and had about 11 people for dinner. The other half was sent home with the dinner guests.

It was a wonderful visit and it was the first time, other than meeting them last year for about 45 minutes at the airport as they were passing through town, that we've ever done anything together. Turns out that all 4 of us get along very well together. It isn't that often that the wives and the husbands all mesh together, but this one one. They will be down to AZ to visit for sure, and of course, we'll see them when we go back to VA.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 19, 2016, 08:22:53 PM
It was a busy and fun visit. I haven't spent much time with my cousin, especially as adults, and no time with him and his wife together. What a blast we had!

We went into Seattle to the Chihuly Glass Garden after we picked them up at the airport, then on over to West Seattle and Alki beach for the view back over to Seattle and lunch at Spud Fish & Chips....always a winner for our visitors....then Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner.   Saturday we toured Gig Harbor...lunch at The Tides Tavern.....the off to the Tacoma Pt. Defiance with Owen beach. That evening had the BIG diner at The Lobster Shop...a fancy place. Sunday was just hang around the house, play cards and drink a few lavender martinis...oh and laugh out loud a lot!!!  Yesterday the gals went shopping and Tim and I went on the Cowlitz River fishing for Steelhead with our guide and another friend and his 10 yr old son. I hooked the first one and handed it to Tim to land. Took awhile and he, being a largemouth bass fisherman, loved the fight these fish put up. Ended up with 3 in the boat...my buddy caught the other 2. Hid son got to help him land the second one. It's quite an experience.  We grilled half the fish and had about 11 people for dinner. The other half was sent home with the dinner guests.

It was a wonderful visit and it was the first time, other than meeting them last year for about 45 minutes at the airport as they were passing through town, that we've ever done anything together. Turns out that all 4 of us get along very well together. It isn't that often that the wives and the husbands all mesh together, but this one one. They will be down to AZ to visit for sure, and of course, we'll see them when we go back to VA.

It's great to hear that you had such a great time with your cousin. It's never too late to get back together for good times. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 19, 2016, 08:51:22 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on July 19, 2016, 08:22:53 PM

It's great to hear that you had such a great time with your cousin. It's never too late to get back together for good times. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

You're so right  about that, Willie!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..Wow....great times for sure !!...it's good when family rediscovers each other... |^|
Jon