• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 11:43:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 580
Total: 580

more rain and cool front...

Started by Mugwump, August 30, 2016, 02:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...but I got the grass mowed....it feels a little cooler out there already.....north winds picking up.... |^|

..who's up for an early fall?...... |^|......

...early snow ?......LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 30, 2016, 02:00:34 PM
...but I got the grass mowed....it feels a little cooler out there already.....north winds picking up.... |^|

...early snow ?......LOL

I'm good right where we are thank you. mim mim mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 30, 2016, 02:58:01 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 30, 2016, 02:00:34 PM

...early snow ?......LOL

I'm good right where we are thank you. mim mim mim

....admit it....you miss your snow blower.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You have had nothing but rain.  I have had nothing but brutal heat high humidity and not a drop of rain in sight.  They say that it will be 98 on the thermometer Thursday.  It was 96 today.  God knows what the heat index was.  I was sweating working on dogs.  The AC in the reception area keeps it cool.  The one in my work room can't keep up.  I generally leave just 1 of them on when I leave so the fish don't cook but this afternoon I left both on hoping that they would get a head start on tomorrow's heat.

All I can say is that it's better than freezing.  Given the choice I would sweat rather than shiver.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 30, 2016, 05:41:07 PM
You have had nothing but rain.  I have had nothing but brutal heat high humidity and not a drop of rain in sight.  They say that it will be 98 on the thermometer Thursday.  It was 96 today.  God knows what the heat index was.  I was sweating working on dogs.  The AC in the reception area keeps it cool.  The one in my work room can't keep up.  I generally leave just 1 of them on when I leave so the fish don't cook but this afternoon I left both on hoping that they would get a head start on tomorrow's heat.

All I can say is that it's better than freezing.  Given the choice I would sweat rather than shiver.

..I feel for you, Liz..I don't know how you stand it....our dew points are upper 70's, humidity around 80% ...the air can't hold any more moisture...with temps upper 80's and 90's....the heat indexes are off the charts some days....so we're having your weather but just more rain making it like a jungle here.....instead of there.... wfwf wfwf wfwf

....and to think that with the climate change phenomena.....it'll only get worse..... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf......
Jon

wallace

Fall can go right ahead and get here, its my favorite time of the year. I can end the irrigation chores, moving tarps in the ditch every day, around mid September... and the woodcutting and splitting for the stove doesn't need doing until later. We have smoke from the big fires now, the visibility is very bad today... those fires will go out soon. Cold morning air, yellow leaves, pumpkins. All good stuff.

Dan

LizStreithorst

I hope that fall is as expected for you, Dan and you get the rain that you should be able to expect. 

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on August 30, 2016, 06:53:05 PM
Fall can go right ahead and get here, its my favorite time of the year. I can end the irrigation chores, moving tarps in the ditch every day, around mid September... and the woodcutting and splitting for the stove doesn't need doing until later. We have smoke from the big fires now, the visibility is very bad today... those fires will go out soon. Cold morning air, yellow leaves, pumpkins. All good stuff.

...and, of course, football season.... |^|
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Liz you might get some rain next day or so. We've had rain all day. Schools are closed tomorrow. Little G wil spend the day with abuela. Thursday will be breezy with a ton of rain.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

I've been watching that gulf storm....be safe down that folks...it's a doozie...
Jon

wsantia1

The weather updates up here have it causing some issues for us over the weekend. I will be tracking this.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 01, 2016, 06:48:48 AM
The weather updates up here have it causing some issues for us over the weekend. I will be tracking this.

...be safe....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 31, 2016, 10:12:23 PM
Liz you might get some rain next day or so. We've had rain all day. Schools are closed tomorrow. Little G wil spend the day with abuela. Thursday will be breezy with a ton of rain.

They say no rain for me.  My grass isn't crunchy but I'm having to water outside plants. Thankfully, it will be cooler tomorrow.  90 rather than the 98 we've had all week.  They say highs in the 80's for Saturday.  This is cause for celebration!

wallace

This picture could give you the shivers. I took this in the morning on April 7th... the lawn needed water so I turned on a sprinkler and then forgot about it -- it ran all night.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Dang!  You don't have that in April.  I don't think you never have that, do you?

I remember years ago when we had snow, which is rare here, it snowed on April Fool's Day.  It's weren't no April fool, either.  That snow stayed on the ground for 4 days!  It was a cruel joke that I did not appreciate one bit.