• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 08:58:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 761
Total: 761

Sunny but Cold Saturday

Started by Barb, February 19, 2022, 06:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning everybody!  There is bright sun out now at 8am but  is quite cold.  All the roofs are white with frost.  And lots of steam coming up off my pond, since the water got warmed up yesterday.  How is it in your neck o the woods?

I want to work in the yard, have lots of new shrubs to plant, but too cold right now.  This is a good time of year to plant them, but I need warmer temps to work outside.  Houses are being built now, about 60' behind my fence.  So I am making my own forrest in my backyard, it is well underway.  I will see just vegetation out my back windows and not houses.  I can do it.

You all have a good weekend and hoping I do too!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. Barb it is cold here too and the wind is going to pick up again this afternoon so winter lingers on.

On a good news front I have absolutely no pain but I'll ease into full activities just in case. Too often I rush into things and have setbacks. That won't be the case this time especially since my visitors slow me up on just about everything.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Morning all.  Chilly here, 22°F and feels like 13°F with the windchill.  Starts warming up tomorrow though with temps around 60°F by mid-week.

Thinking of gardening and already started some seeds for this year.  Going to try a new-to-me heirloom tomato called Black Beauty...

Have a wonderful weekend folks!

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon friends.  Willie, having no pain is a blessing.

It dropped below freezing overnight but it's warming up to 60 a little later.  Still jacket weather but since it's sunny it's nice enough outside.  Spring will come.  It's hard waiting for it, though.

Charlotte is slowly getting better.  I slather that leg with DMSO every day.  I'm hoping that by Monday she will be sound again.

I got my feed store and grocery shopping done early then changed water.  I moved the BN in the 30 gallon office tank in the fish room.  I moved the slower maturing long finned albinos to a breeding tank and put the standard finned to the tank I catch out fish to sell.  One of these days Ill get around to moving the yellow shrimp from the grooming room so I can use that spot for house plants.

Dennis, those maters look cool.  I'm going to check and see how they'll do in my climate.

Ron, what's up with the hula skirt folks?

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello Muggers...It's been a very busy 3 days...

So how are things?...Looks like Willie's going good now...Liz is back up and at'em....and Barb is ready to rock 'n' roll with her yard project...!

All's well here...we're busy with the plants online and eBay guy is working to grow our business, and it is doing that!...

Jan, Don Mertes has 5 nice discus I'm going to pick up from him tomorrow afternoon... looking forward to getting them into the new 75...you remember. Don got the black rams from you? ...he's breeding beautiful rams and now getting them into the LFSs around here...

I'm working on cleaning up this fishroom...IT'S A HUGE MESS!... not that it stays pristine by any means, but it needs work :D

....well, I cot called away this morning to move furniture in the living room...we just bought a sofa from a neighbor...and never got back to here... huh

I hope you all had a good day!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron