• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 03:22:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 523
Total: 523

Tuesday the day after

Started by LizStreithorst, July 05, 2022, 11:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Did anyone notice that it was something of a bittersweet Independence Day?  I fe me tlt it.

I called Twee this morning.  She's busy cleaning after a long weekend off and no helper with her today.  Tomorrow she wants me to take her 15 BN.  I told her I finally needed the money they'd been keeping for me for the fish I'd been taking them.  They kept trying to give it to me but I knew that the time would come when I really needed it and the time has come.  The window AC's I bought from Shawn set me back and inflation hasn't helped any.  When I go in I will ask about the price and availability of Hillstream Loaches.  I'm bad hot for them but I have to wait until I get more ahead than behind on money. 

We finally got enough rain to help.  It was a nice long gentle but steady shower.  Of course it was accompanied as usual by booms of thunder, bolts of lightning and trembling dogs underfoot as I was doing WC.  We seem to be stuck in a reoccurring loop of heat, humidity, and afternoon thorms.  The rain is still more miss than hit but the humidity is unrelenting. 

I haven't seen my fox for several days now.  I hope that after getting to enjoy an entire flock of chickens and one old defenseless dog that it will no longer be able to enjoy any more free meals here at Full Circle Farm.  I still have a 32 year old house so I figure I'm allowed to think of it as a farm.

There is nothing I have to do today other than pick up chicken shit, feed animals and change water.  If I could mow I'd be having a party.  The yard is looking terrible and I won't expect that Shawn will be back to mow for a few weeks.  But right now the sun is out and the humming birds are all right outside my office window fighting over which will get a meal from my feeders.  I have 5 feeders out which is plenty but these itty bitty birds love a fight.  One has found a little dead twig on my climbing rose and it's right in front of the window.  It's a little male.  All day long he's sitting on his twig, eating from the 2 feeders in from of my office windows, or fighting.  He does more fighting than anything else.

I have flowers blooming so I have tons of butterflies.  in the evenings into night time the night time pollinators come out and attack the huge oval of Cleome that just came up in a big oval in the hard dirt right outside my front door that I decided to tell Shawn to mow around.  I can't believe that something so pretty came up all by it's self in an excellent place.  My Moon Flowers have started to bloom, too and the night pollinators adore them.  They are growing intertwined on the fence with  Cypress Vine so I have red flowers and butterflies during the day and pure virgin white huge flowers with humming bird moths and smaller night pollinators in the evenings.  The place may be a dump to some but to me I live in heaven.

I guess that's all the blathering I have to do today.  Looking forward to hearing from y'all.  I hope life continues to be good for you.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Liz and everyone. It's been a busy day for me as I was running around doing the first of the month errands and then I finally made it down into the fishroom and was stuck down there.

Liz, your house is 32 years old or is that a different house?

Well it's been raining hard here for a few of hours so I should have enough water in the ground to not have to worry about watering anymore this week. This has been a weird summer for far.

Hopefully everyone is having a good day. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 05, 2022, 06:38:16 PM
Good evening Liz and everyone. It's been a busy day for me as I was running around doing the first of the month errands and then I finally made it down into the fishroom and was stuck down there.

Well it's been raining hard here for a few of hours so I should have enough water in the ground to not have to worry about watering anymore this week. This has been a weird summer for far.

Forgive me, Willie.  Did I say my house?  I was talking about my horse[/b.  My house is 14 years old.

We got no rain today but it got dark and windy and despite the humidity I'm doing fine with no AC.  My baby rams are in with their parents who are caring for them lovely.  Number 2 Discus pairs will free swim tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good evening fellow Mugsters...

Didn't do much today at all...still having warm temps here...cloudy some today but no rain...

It's good to see you all here...Liz, I figured it was your 32 YO horse...a house doesn't make a farm, but a horse does ;) ...

Goodnight all...catch ya here maƱana...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 05, 2022, 06:51:02 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on July 05, 2022, 06:38:16 PM

Forgive me, Willie.  Did I say my house?  I was talking about my horse[/b.  My house is 14 years old.

We got no rain today but it got dark and windy and despite the humidity I'm doing fine with no AC.  My baby rams are in with their parents who are caring for them lovely.  Number 2 Discus pairs will free swim tomorrow.

HaHa. In that case you do nave a farm. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.