• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 07:29:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 566
Total: 566

show tank

Started by ilroost, March 11, 2013, 07:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

I was cleaning the male malawi show tank last night and what do i find in the holey rock?
Fry, Thats right fry. Um, i'm going to have to look into this problem lol.
Now, how in the h*ll do i catch these little guy's out of a 125 gal tank? Not gonna happen

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on March 11, 2013, 07:06:59 PM
I was cleaning the male malawi show tank last night and what do i find in the holey rock?
Fry, Thats right fry. Um, i'm going to have to look into this problem lol.
Now, how in the h*ll do i catch these little guy's out of a 125 gal tank? Not gonna happen

That's great... ;D...put that net in there and watch em scatter..... :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

yeah, no way of catching them. They would be hybrids anyways. But it might be fun to grow out and see what they look like

PaulineMi

I had a male Malawi cichlid tank filled with holey rock across the entire back up to the top of the tank. Trying to catch fish was impossible.  After several years of pulling all that rock out a couple times per year to clean (I was anal about keeping the rock white  ::)) or to catch fish I sold all of the rock and fish! 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

That's cool. some of the hybrids can look pretty. Good luck catching them.
Pauline How do you keep your Holey rock white? Mine is losing it's color. I just thought it was normal. 
Scott

ilroost

I would like to know that also, all my holey rock is no longer white

Mugwump

What ??????,,,holy rock is white????...oh no.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Bleach.  It whitens it right up like new.  Then rinse, rinse, rinse, Prime, rinse, rinse again.  I know of some people who take theirs to the car wash and spray them clean. 

Here's a piece that I had in my Julidochromis tank:

Here's the last picture of the 90, ready for cleaning, before I got fed up and sold it all, fish included.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Don't feel bad Pauline...  I got tired of looking at rocks too and move on to something other than cichlids.  Took me about 30 years though.

Dennis

derick

congrats ilroost keep us up to date on the fry mate.

pauline that's a beautiful piece of rock, stunning photos too.  :)

talking of photos do with have a photo comp, month, fish, tank,
Derick