• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:14:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 585
Total: 585

My EBJD

Started by Barb, October 27, 2013, 06:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

You folks all know, I think, that I am a discus and angelfish keeper, like Liz.  Also have endlers, Mug's plecos, and Koi and goldfish out in the pond.  But here is really my favorite fish.  Just don't tell the other fish here, they all think they are my favorite.

I got this Electric Blue Jack Dempsey at a LFS (the best one I have been to in my whole life, Plymouth NC) as a 1 1/2" very colorful baby in June.  Look at him now!  I am quite proud of him, his name is JD for Jay Dalton, my husband named him.  He is over 4" and hope he will get to 8 or even 10".  I will give him a bigger tank if he needs it, he is in a 35 by himself, except for some friends/food Endlers to keep him company.  What do you all think of him?
Barb

Mugwump

Very nice...great colors,,,I like it ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

He's a beauty Barb. And your secret is safe here.   ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Very handsome dude, Barb.  I bet the Endlers were surprised when they found out what it meant to be invited to lunch with him.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 28, 2013, 08:32:32 AM
Very handsome dude, Barb.  I bet the Endlers were surprised when they found out what it meant to be invited to lunch with him.

LOL.....'lunch'.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Thanks everyone!  I will send another pic in a few months, maybe he will be 6" by then.  I hate to feed him live fish, but Endlers get out of control population wise and I refuse to kill them or take to the lfs in our town.  I put some in with him and gradually their numbers go down.  The last group was about 20, 3 large females remain.  I just don't want to see him eat them.  I think he knows that and does it when I am not looking.  I have never even seen him look at one.  But they disappear.
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's a good thing you don't want to be a breeder, Barb.  You'd never make it.  Your heart is too tender.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Correctamundo Liz!  I used to breed angels and other cichlids, we lived where I could easily sell them or trade to lfs's and my fish club members.  But not here.  I used to trade for tanks and other stuff at lfs.  I did my whole pond when we moved here with lfs trades from my angel and discus babies.  All in the past though.  Now I just want fish pets.  However, I did just sell 20+ bags of Endlers to SD folks.
Barb

ilroost

Very Nice. I have a regular jack male. He is about 2 years old now