• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:30:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 745
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 743
Total: 743

So I have a question for those of you over 55 on here....

Started by Ron Sower, October 20, 2014, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 21, 2014, 05:47:15 PM
I don't know what's up with me but I've done huge physical labor and my parts still work.  I ruined my hands by building bicycle wheels when I owned a bicycle shop.  I ruined them more when I started milking dairy goats.

I have abused my body my entire life with too much hard physical labor but none of my moving parts bother me.  Maybe it's genetic ???

Mmmm ..  from good stock there girl..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

One thing that help me was that I lost about 50 pounds. ;D ;D ;D  I carried most of that in my stomach and that put a lot of pressure on my back. :o
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

sschind

Quote from: JR on October 20, 2014, 02:00:25 PM
I think it is after 50. When I wake up every day I hurt like heck. Takes about a hour for every thing to start working. But I have been rode hard and put away wet.

After 50?  You mean its going to get worse. 
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on October 24, 2014, 04:29:10 PM
Quote from: JR on October 20, 2014, 02:00:25 PM
I think it is after 50. When I wake up every day I hurt like heck. Takes about a hour for every thing to start working. But I have been rode hard and put away wet.

After 50?  You mean its going to get worse.

Count on it.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson