• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 09:20:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,344
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 762
Total: 762

So I have a question for those of you over 55 on here....

Started by Ron Sower, October 20, 2014, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Do you wake up every morning with a general aching in your lower back? And as the morning goes on, it lessens?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

No.  I'm extremely lucky with all my joints.  Nothing hurts except for the carpal tunnel and that flares up so rarely now that I don't abuse my hands so much, that I can overcome it by wearing wrist braces when I sleep for a few days in a row.  I know how lucky I am.  A lot of people my age have joints that hurt all the time :'(
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 20, 2014, 11:07:48 AM
No.  I'm extremely lucky with all my joints.  Nothing hurts except for the carpal tunnel and that flares up so rarely now that I don't abuse my hands so much, that I can overcome it by wearing wrist braces when I sleep for a few days in a row.  I know how lucky I am.  A lot of people my age have joints that hurt all the time :'(
Quote from: Ron Sower on October 20, 2014, 11:00:00 AM
Do you wake up every morning with a general aching in your lower back? And as the morning goes on, it lessens?

You likely need a new/different mattress...??...that helps enormously... ;D

"A lot of people my age...."....LOL....sheesh, kids...LOL....but carpal tunnel is a bitch.....I'm fortunate to have avoided that....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 20, 2014, 11:28:47 AM

You likely need a new/different mattress...??...that helps enormously... ;D

We bought a new memory foam mattress 2 years ago. Maybe I should go talk to the owner of the business and ask what he recommends. However this mattress was his recommendation.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I have a sleep number bed because of my aching back. No back aches anymore and generally I sleep very good, when I sleep. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BillT

I don't have joint problems, at least until after I post this.

JR

I think it is after 50. When I wake up every day I hurt like heck. Takes about a hour for every thing to start working. But I have been rode hard and put away wet.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

We have been through many mattresses, regular, pillow top and memory foam and can't say any of them are good. However we discovered that it's most likely because we have a king sized bed. The foundation consists of two separate pieces so the center ends up being a high spot. We sink down into our mini-ravines and get kind of stuck there.  :o Admittedly a Doberman in bed with us doesn't help matters.

Can't comment on the back ache because mine is chronic.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Hell I can't remember a day when the back didn't hurt. And I am not yet 55. Soon. But not there yet. We have a new bed. Same problem. Oh. Wait. You're not talking about the wife?

(Kidding, I have back pain whether she's there or not.)
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 20, 2014, 11:00:00 AM

No, once in a great while, but it's usually do something I did the day before.....  After bouncing around on heavy equipment for 20+ years, my joints are all nice and limber.   ;D

Dennis

ilroost

After carrying furniture for almost 30 years what doesn't hurt in the morning!!

Barb

Sorry about your pain Ron. I am only in pain when I do something clumsy, like recently, and break or sprain or cut something. My knee is better but still quite injured.  Get a new bed perhaps?
Barb

Ron Sower

As I suspected....a lot of us have pain.  My ''chronic'' pain is specific and I can tell the difference between it and the ''aching'' muscular pain when I awake. I've done a lot of heavy lifting over the years but not regularly as a furniture mover would. I used to lift rolls of stretch film, and cases of paper goods, and lean forward to load them into the back of my car trunk. That definitely has contributed to my chronic pain which also has been developing into sciatica.

Oh well, I guess I'm going to get used to it!   :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I don't know what's up with me but I've done huge physical labor and my parts still work.  I ruined my hands by building bicycle wheels when I owned a bicycle shop.  I ruined them more when I started milking dairy goats.

I have abused my body my entire life with too much hard physical labor but none of my moving parts bother me.  Maybe it's genetic ???
Always move forward. Never look back.