• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 08:34:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 787
Total: 787

New start this fall....

Started by Ron Sower, October 14, 2014, 11:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I'm down to 3 operating tanks now. 2-5g evolves and 1-55g glass. I drained almost all of the water from the 55, and just at the right moment, my next-door-neighbor showed up with a drink in hand and said, "Whachya up to?"! So I scooped out the substrate and we slid the whole kit-and-caboodle from the living room to the den on those furniture slides! Then we had a beer together.  Is this a great hobby or what?!?!?!

Last night I refilled the tank with the water I saved and fresh. So, major water change! I'm not going to do anything with this tank until after the swap this Saturday. I may just sell all the fish in it and start completely from scratch after the swap.

Later today I need to call the court to see if I'm still supposed to show up for jury duty tomorrow. Ugh!....Hang 'em high! I still like "...and let god sort 'em out"!

Got an HOA board meeting today. Or should I say "bored" meeting.  :-[  I'm the prez so guess I should show up!  Oh yeah, need to do an agenda before 2pm also!  :o :o :o

I'm skipping the GSAS meeting tonight because it's a speaker from the C.A.R.E.S. program.  Last year we had two of our members become interested in the program and getting our club involved. They took on the task and spent a LOT of time going through the rules and requirements of the program and presented them to the club so that we could all understand and the club would be in compliance. So I volunteered with some of the species I was keeping at the time, filled out the forms, and sent them to our club volunteers, who sent them on to CARES. To this day the organization has not responded regarding my fish or anyone else's that were submitted from our club. Hell, even a "No way" would have at least been a response. That's just not right.  He may be a good speaker, I don't have a clue, but, IMHO, that organization doesn't respond well to those that want to participate. So I've got better things to do tonight than show any interest in this organization.  Like sit, watch, and enjoy my 55g totally devoid of anything but rasboras, angels, and Sterbai cories...!!!

Guess I got off onto a little rant there.  Sorry folks!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

It seems like is as it should be for you....and jury duty isn't all that bad....take along a good book and enjoy the peace and quiet.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...

..did you rant?...naw, just telling it like it is, bro...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm glad I'm not the only one around here who is offended by the rudeness of others.  I've ranted here about the rudeness of a couple of my customers.  It's rare but it has happened.  I'm empress of my own domain so I get my jollies by putting them in their place :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 14, 2014, 12:50:33 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one around here who is offended by the rudeness of others.  I've ranted here about the rudeness of a couple of my customers.  It's rare but it has happened.  I'm empress of my own domain so I get my jollies by putting them in their place :)

ooooohhhh...'Jollies'..... ;D 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 14, 2014, 12:50:33 PM

:o :o :o :o :o :o
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

You know i have some C.A,R.E.S. fish and wrote to them about getting a little info ect. and have never heard back from them.

Ron Sower

Although I didn't go last night, there was a bit of buzz this morning on our listserve about the talk. I can't tell if it was well received by most or not. It did start a buzz about some species I might try to pick up...e.g. Betta albimarginata. I think I could keep and breed it in my 5g tanks.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 15, 2014, 08:47:14 PM
Although I didn't go last night, there was a bit of buzz this morning on our listserve about the talk. I can't tell if it was well received by most or not. It did start a buzz about some species I might try to pick up...e.g. Betta albimarginata. I think I could keep and breed it in my 5g tanks.

ya never lose the 'itch' to try some new species.. ;D..once a hobbyist, always a.........LOL...you need more tanks, bro....seriously... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 15, 2014, 08:55:59 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on October 15, 2014, 08:47:14 PM

ya never lose the 'itch' to try some new species.. ;D..once a hobbyist, always a.........LOL...you need more tanks, bro....seriously... ;D

You are a BAD man Mugs....I don't have room for them. And right now, no time either. Quit egging me back into it...!!!   >:( :( >:( :( >:( :( ;D ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

I did get selected for jury duty on a case today. BUT it probably won't go past Friday.  Woohoo!  It is interesting to me though..

Now I gotta go and sort out plants and pack them in ziplocks for the swap this Saturday.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Betta albimarginata....I love them.  I came very close to getting a pair, even had their tank set up. But alas, it was back when I just didn't feel experienced enough to keep them.  They are beauties, especially the male in breeding colors. I'm with Jon...go for it Ron.   ;D ;D ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)