• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 07:41:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,344
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 748
Total: 749

Tank Changes & water changes

Started by Ron Sower, July 27, 2014, 03:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Finally, an almost free day to do something with my fish!  So I've gotten the 54g that I'm selling this afternoon emptied and cleaned out. Moved the fish to different tanks last night. Meanwhile I drained the other 54g 60% and am filling it back up. Taking a break at the moment. Later this afternoon, Miss Lucy will be returning with a s--tpile of plants and bark to finish up a space where we've built up a berm in our front yard. So a little sweating is in the offing for me. It's okay, cause I like the warm weather.

I'm realizing that we're just not in a good place to try to breed and raise fish. Just not enough room.  So, I'm gonna concentrate energies and time on a really nicely planted tank, so now I'll be on the hunt for a 75g-125g tank, stand, and canopy and a CO2 setup to place where the 54g's were. I've got my LED Finnex lighting. (Gotta get rid of the second 54g first, though). I will have a more laid-back approach to my hobby now (if that's possible).

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Sounds like a good plan Ron.  And I know we won't have to ask you to keep us posted as I'm sure you will.   :)  Am looking forward to updates.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Sounds good Ron, sometimes it helps to scale things back a bit.......ya never know when the itch will return tho..... ;D...and it will... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

First update.....Last night all the house lights were off before I headed to bed. The light on the single 54g that sits in the den was still on and I jus sat in the kitchen for about 15 minutes just watching the fish. Even though it's not 'scaped at all, since I moved everything around yesterday, it was just beautiful and peaceful. I just got up now and am doing the same thing...enjoying that tank!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron