• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:47:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 765
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 738
Total: 738

I'm back now....

Started by Ron Sower, May 02, 2014, 11:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

The last 2 weeks (especially the last one) have been really hectic with work, knee scooter amblings, 4 real estate closings with problems to work through escrow, and family from San Antonio that just wanted to go,go,go all the time. So, I've been missing you all.  I have caught the news and was thinking about those of you near the tornado paths/swaths. It appears that you all got through them okay. If I missed something in catching up with the posts, someone please let me know.

Linda and I have learned that if we ever want our ''retired'' income real estate business to pick up, just plan a vacation or long weekend trip. It will start the phones ringing!  We've now learned that having surgery that keeps one from getting around easily will do the same!  I think the vacation way is a lot easier.  I can tell them, "i'll be back on Monday and we can get together then"; whereas having the surgery causes me to say, "I'll be able to walk again in 6 weeks. Can we get together then?"!!!  Actually we have managed to meet everyone in good time. When Linda is out and not available to drive me, I've even told callers, "if you can stop by my house and pick me up, we can go there right now." No one has balked at it at all.

On my next trip to the doc he should be giving me the okay to walk on the foot in the big boot/cast I've been lugging around for the last 5 weeks!  Woohoo!

Pauline, looks like you had a bout with pneumonia and are doing better now. That's good!  How about everyone else?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Thanks Ron.  And good to hear you will be retiring the scooter soon.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 02, 2014, 11:07:00 AM
Thanks Ron.  And good to hear you will be retiring the scooter soon.  :)
Yes! .....at least until I get the other foot done! I was planning on doing it in October so I'd be back up and running by Thanksgiving, but Miss Lucy says wait til January....she needs a rest from hauling me around most of the time and lifting the scooter in and out of the back of the CRV.... :(  She's the boss on this one for sure. I'm totally dependent on her in this situation :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I am glad to hear everyone is doing well after those storms. Pauline glad to hear you got over your illness and Ron it's like you are ready to start walking around soon. All that is good to hear.  ;D ;D ;D

I spilled a whole cup of coffee on my laptop (I use it a lot for the forums) so I've been out of the loop.  Aside from smelling like an old pot of coffee it working after dried it out for a couple of days. I still have a couple of more test to put it through so we will see if it passes. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Uh oh Willie.  Lucky for you that you don't have an IT guy to answer to for that.   ::)  Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

tsk tsk.....wasting good coffee, I can understand your concern.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on May 02, 2014, 06:27:18 PM
Uh oh Willie.  Lucky for you that you don't have an IT guy to answer to for that.   ::)  Lol.

I'm my own IT guy. I yelled at myself. lol[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 02, 2014, 07:12:55 PM

I'm my own IT guy. I yelled at myself. lol[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Don't you just hate it when you have to do that to yourself...!!   ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1